“Acceptable Korean on upper queen” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #502 of 1,419 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
“Acceptable Korean on upper queen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Always full with eaters, the speed of service is really fast. Personally recommend pig backbone soup and spicy tofu. The side dishes include a fresh kimchi, which is the best flavor for this restaurant. However, the cleaness of toilet and kitchen is a serious problem.....

Visited July 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“My Korean "Comfort Food" Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Yep I've been dining here for the past 17 yrs.too! I was a regular diner here in my single days and every now n then I come here with my old drinking buddy but usually with wife n daughter. Parking is an issue in this part of town, even on a week night! If you can be patient it is worth the wait. I always order the staples...chilly chicken, pork, squid, bibi bim something, fish roe nad the sides, The side dishes are generous and bottomless, the staff are great hosts and efficient. I have seen this placed packed on a Monday night and the other neighbouring restaurants empty! I have taken many a Korean homestay here and they've liked it. We usually stop for a Korean ice block a few doors down at the Korean dairy for our dessert and to neutralise the chiily
It has been consistent all these years, The décor is simple and clean and the food is too!
I live in East Akld approx. 13kms away and Im still happy to drive in the city for my Korean. This too is a family run eatery

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Shore City, New Zealand
“Oldest and the best korean restaurant in auckland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

One of the oldest korean restaurants in auckland . I have been going there for the past 15 years good quality it has very good hot plate chicken I highly recommend the spicy pork bone soup.
They are licenced and serve korean raspberry wine and korean plum wine.
We go there once a week now and parking can be found down the side streets nearby.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wellington
“Nice Asian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Nice city center Asain food eatery.good value for lunch

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canberra, Australia
“Great budget eating house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Located in Upper Queen St alongside many other Asian eating places but this one was full both times we went there. Generous servings with free Kimchi. Pork Backbone soup seemed to be the most popular dish - although we weren't quite up to ordering it!

Visited April 2012