“Yum yum eat quick quick and go go” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Auckland
“Yum yum eat quick quick and go go”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Best nasi lemak, rendang, mummy chicken and many more dishes. Yes, the food is yum but look at the grubiness of the menu and the general feel of the place and you want to just eat quick quick and go. Its not a place for relaxed dining. You see the servers/waitress/waiters rushing in and out of the place and in fact, a couple of times, I felt stressed in the crowdedness and the rush. Better to pre-order and have takeaways.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“greedy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I attended this 'resturant' tonight I will start with the plus the food was average to above average .The service bordered on hostile I have never been told by a waiter what I should order and if I did not hurry up we could not order mains as he was to busy to come back
The night got worse from there the meals turned up at random mains mixed with starters and meals totally forgotten about I strongly recomend they do something about there service or lack of it

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Auckz
“Slightly Average Mummy Chicken”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I went here and requested something smaller which was authentic. The waiter told me that Mummy Chicken was nice and so guided by him I tried it. It was sticky and the rice looked prepared ages before. Not really to my taste... perhaps I should have gone with a more general meal .... but time was pressing and the rather unapetising vegies ... carrot, lettuce was undressed as well. The chicken was frien and battered in a thick, cloying sauce ... not my cup of tea at all.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Definately Worth A Try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've been here about 3 times. Food is pretty good and authentic. This place is pretty much always busy so getting a seat is hard. Each time we've been we've had to wait outside, but you can't go too far, otherwise someone else will take your place.

Service is poor as the staff are always in a rush, BUT from what I hear this is typical authentic style of street food service.

But definitely give it a try and be willing to share a big table with some other people if you want to get a table fast.

I've had takeaways before, but its not the same as eatting in.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Come come La, Can can la”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The best hawker style venue in Akld for Malaysian cuisine! I come here for lunch but I make sure I am here at opening time so I can pick the table I wish to sit at. I am happy to wait the 20mins or so while they get prepared so I know my food is prepared unrushed and piping hot!
I always eat the same meal "Nasi Lemak" with fried egg (sunny side up) on top of the blue coconut infused rice! The only diiference with here and in Malaysia, is the serving are bigger and the meat portion is more generous! When I've sat here in the afternoons I always laugh when I see the "Singapore airlines" coach stop at the lights and the aircrews all peer out and see Malaysian style food being devoured by Asian and kiwis alike!
Recommend their Laksa, Fish head noodle soup, curry chicken. There are vegetarian dishes on the menu (cant comment as I never ordered them)
The rush here at lunchtime is pretty crazy so pre book if you are are a group of 3+.
KK is the most consistent of the Malaysian restaurant in Akld and that's why I rate them #1! Being a family business is probably the key to their success
I only come here for dinner on special occasions...entertaining o'seas guests

• Visited July 2013