“Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We went with a Grab One voucher for the degustation menu. The service was outstanding with each dish explained to us upon delivery with a wine match suggestion. Lovely atmosphere in the restaurant, live music and a buzzy vibe. The food was outstanding, each course was memorable showcasing a very talented chef. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Restauranttoto, Manager at Toto' Ristorante, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to visit us for an evening of Live Opera at Toto Restaurant, Auckland, we were delighted to read your comments and we will be sure to pass on your kind words of praise to the wider team. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Slow start - fantastic finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Went to the bar first to await the arrival of the rest of our group. Energetic, friendly service. A good Taranaki boy! Once seated, we seemed to disappear to the point where I went back to the bar to check if I had to place a wine order there, rather than at the table. Got that sorted, and things just got better. Fantastic Sangiovese brunello, excellent food, great service. Attentive and friendly. Hard to fault, and matched the hype. Our guests, a young Kiwi and his Brazilian partner were overwhelmed. Thank you.

Visited July 2013
Thank you for choosing to visit us at Toto Restaurant, Auckland, your praise is greatly appreciated and we will be sure to pass on your kind words to the wider team.

As you might imagine sometimes we can be overwhelmed with guests whom drop by on the off chance we have a spare table, never wishing to disappoint we are appreciative of your patience and apologise to you and guests for a slow start. We feel blessed to have such a great barman in Johnny and have made a point of bringing your review to his attention.

Looking forward to your next visit, showcasing a new winter menu and exploring some of the great Italian wines we have squirrelled away very soon.
greymouth
“the best hospitality experience ..ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I wanted to take my wife out for a really nice dining experience on her 40th birthday..I mean 28th ..as we live in greymouth I thought..hmm think carefully lad ..knowing I had to come up with something great ..so..I picked up my phone and a few moments later I knew we were going to have a great nite ..with a reservation made and even a room in a nearby hotel organized for us, we were excited.
When we arrived for our dinner it just got better. A warm welcome and a few drinks followed by a wonderful meal with wine to match ..desert and aperitif , also opera ..we all really enjoyed our meals, my wife had such a happy smile what a great birthday..
So the food was excellent and wine also..but really it was the people who own and manage, cook , mix drinks and serve food that make Toto restaurant , a very rare and special place to dine..well worth any miles you may cover to have an experience like we did..
Thanks Kelvin and Sergio

Visited May 2013
Calvin C, Manager at Toto' Ristorante, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thankyou for the kind praise of our staff at Toto Restaurant, Auckland we were delighted to read the review from your recent visit and especially with regard to our guest service and cuisine. I will ensure that I pass this onto the wider team whom as I was will be equally delighted.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant in the very near future although having now had the pleasure of meeting you, your wife and family it is most probable that we will meet again in the Deep South perhaps at the annual Wild Foods Festival. Thankyou once again for your positive feedback and until next time take care, you and your family were all very memorable and special guests.
Auckland, New Zealand
“Time back to Italy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

It's one of the high profile fine dining in Auckland. Great location and service, all waiters are highly trained authentic Italians so does the food. Portion is suprise big for digestion menu. Salmon is a bit debatable but pasta is unquestionable.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calvin C, Manager at Toto' Ristorante, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Toto Restaurant, Auckland we were delighted to read your comments and gain your recommendation.

As always our team are proud to provide an informed, friendly and welcoming style of service offering the very best in seasonal produce crafted in a “Modern Italian Fashion”.

Thank you once again and we do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
“Lucky to get three stars”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We arrived at 8 pm and were shown in the gloom to our table. The darkness had two disadvantages; one, we could not easily read the menu and two, we could not really see what we were eating. We were given a wine menu and then waited. And waited. Eventually our wine order was taken. And that is the first issue. Voss Pinot Noir was sold at $120 a bottle. I buy it for $35 from the vineyard so they should get it for $30. Thus a 400% mark-up is outrageous and enough said. The starters of affettato (basically Italian cold cuts) and calamari and assaggini (seafood mixture of clams and other fish) were first class and the reason why I give Toto three instead of two if I had been alone. For the mains, one of us had venison and was very pleased with it. I had the veal hock. Suffice it to say it was gristly and raw - in fact perfectly disgusting. But since the others struggled and seemed to enjoy theirs, I refrained from complaining. After all it was dark and I was not sure what I had tried to eat and would not want to explore it anyhow. I wondered how Toto had got top marks from Cuisine and Metro. I reckon the staff must have recognised the well-known faces that were the reviewers and judges and treated them accordingly. It is not how the ordinary public are treated. I wanted to give 2 1/2 stars but that is not possible. It was about three years that I last visited Toto: I reckon it will be at least four before I go again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Calvin C, Manager at Toto' Ristorante, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your review of Toto Restaurant, Auckland, we were extremely disappointed to read your comments of which I shared with our team.

I would like to apologise to you and your friends, we pride ourselves on providing a welcoming and romantic atmosphere with the help of an energetic, educated team and this is certainly reflected in many of the comments that we receive here on Trip Advisor, our team are proud of the restaurant, our cuisine and the service provided.

That Pinot Noir might be a little more to purchase than you have suggested but we are really happy that you were able to recognise a magnificent example of Martinborough Viticulture amongst the fantastic array of wines available from our extensive list.

We were disappointed that you did not bring to our attention that the beautiful Veal Cutlet was not cooked to your liking, we receive many positive comments about this menu item and its unique flavour which is the product of 16 generations of careful livestock management, a wonderful example of genuine provenance.