“Great lamb chops” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Saitama, Japan
“Great lamb chops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We loved its atmoshphere, the waitresses were helpful and friendly, the food and wine were just superb! I had the best lamb chops here in Auckland. We wish to come back in the future.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Taupo
“Would give another go.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Very busy, and a bit nosiy. Waitress good and friendly. Food didn't quite come all at the same time and certainly took awhile for all the dishes to be cleared. My steak was cooked as I liked it but could have been hotter. Good portion size but priced to match. Mixed reaction from the 3 others as to the quality of their meals but generally OK.

Visited April 2012
Florianópolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
“Great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Good time!

Service great, food perfect !
I really enjoy!!
Kisses from Brazil!

Amanda

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Good food, poor setting, average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I ate here on a Monday night and it was very quiet which should have given me more attentive service, sadly that was not the case. I was initially given prompt attention but after I received my food and drink I was abandoned. Eventually I had to stand up to make eye contact with one of the waitresses and ask for the bill. I don't know if the fact I was on my own made any difference.

That said the food was very good. I asked for a plain steak as the menu only had fancy versions. It was cooked medium rare to my liking and served with fresh vegetables. I had an organic beer which was very good.

The place needed a freshen up and it is a shame in such a beautiful city there was no windows - I didn't go upstairs and that could be better.

Overall the value was good but with poor service.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Auckland
“A good family night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Excellent location in Auckland city (though not well signed) this establishment has been around forever. We thought we would re-visit after approximately 6 years to see if it was as good as we remembered. I thought it was a little expensive when browsing the menu, but you certainly get your money's worth when your plate arrives. The food was very good and nicely presented with HUGE portions that pleased the males in our group. A fairly extensive array to choose from and our 2 grandchildren 18 months and 3 years were well looked after.
It's nice to be able to visit a restaurant and relax and to see staff happily cater for the little ones. Our waitress (Amber) was onto it and could teach some waitresses I've watched a thing or two!
Good selection of drinks available and amenities were clean, though the decor was dated.
If you're after fine dining in fancy digs, this is not the place for you. But, if like us locals you want a good meal at an affordable price, this restaurant is where you'll find exactly that.
Will definitely visit again, thanks Lord Nelson for the good eats :-)

• Visited January 2012