“Couldn't be faulted” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tapestry Dining

Tapestry Dining
Corner Princes Street and Waterloo Quadran, Auckland 1010, New Zealand (Formerly The Cafe at Pullman Auckland)
(+64)9/3531000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #168 of 1,419 Restaurants in Auckland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International, European, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on the Lobby level of Pullman Auckland hotel, Tapestry at Pullman is an upscale restaurant that highlights the tastes of the world through its innovative culinary creations and impressive international wine list. The menu offers abundant flavours and delectable delicacies from New Zealand, Asian and European cuisines, all created live in the viewing kitchen.
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Couldn't be faulted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Ate here as we were staying in the hotel, and it is quite a hike to the city. An inspired choice. Very efficient staff - friendly but not overpowering. Salt & Pepper squid to start. Great flavours. A medium rare steak, perfectly cooked, and a risotto main. Both a tribute to the chef and his staff. Thanks for that.

Visited April 2013
PullmanAucklandHotel, Executive Chef at Tapestry Dining, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear PedroNP,

Thank you for your glowing review of our restaurant. I am truly humbled by your positive comments on our food and my amazing team.

Thank you so much.

We hope to welcome you back to our restaurant again soon.

San Francisco
“Excellent food - Definitely worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

After settling into our apartment after a long flight, the issue of where to eat on our first night had to be decided. We decided on The Café at the Pullman after reading the reviews and discovering it was only two block from where we are staying. And we couldn't have made a better choice! The food and service were excellent. We were a little reluctant after seeing the place as we were pretty casually dressed. The staff could not have been more welcoming. We started with a Ceasar salad and Mesclun leaves, cherry tomatoes, avocado salad. Both were perfectly prepared.. with just the right amount of dressing. My hubby opted for a pizza, while I had the duck breast. The pizza was excellent.. nice thin crust and fresh toppings. My duck breast arrived expertly cooked-medium rare, along with a side order of asparagus.

For dessert we split the tiramisu. Something that I'm hesitant to order nowadays due to the many bad versions out there. The Cafe's version reminded me of just how good the dessert is when properly prepared.

All in all it was a wonderful beginning to our vacation. If we had more time, we would have dined there again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear BradSF,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so glad that we were able to impress you with our food offering, especially after such a long flight.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to provide this review and for recommending our restaurant to other travelers.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to Auckland and our restaurant again in the future.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“The best mal we have ever had outside of the uk!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Before we joined our New Zealand/Australia cruise we had an overnight at this hotel, and we decided to eat at the restaurant that night.
The service was excellent and my husband ordered the chicken livers cooked in brandy in a pastry case. I ordered the salmon which was very good but I really wished that I had ordered the chicken livers!!
We both had the speciality waigenu (not sure of the spelling) fillet. It was one of the best fillets we have ever had and the accompaniments were also wonderful. Altogether with a lovely bottle of New Zealand wine a meal to savour and remember!
We both thanked chef for a beautiful meal, and were most surprised to see chef supervising and cooking at breakfast early the next morning.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear marion720,

Thank you for your feedback on our restaurant. I am so glad that the service and food you experienced whilst dining with us was excellent. The Wagyu Beef is one of our more popular items on our menu, so it is great that you made this your choice.

I hope you are able to organise another overseas trip so you can come and visit us again in the future and taste our new menu.

Caloundra, Australia
“Love Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The staff were beyond exceptional and the food was fantastic!! Had almost all my meals in this restaurant except when friends had me over to their home for dinner. All good and no negativity on this restaurant.

Visited February 2013
Dear bonnygirl13,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I am so glad that you enjoyed every meal and could find no fault.

After having almost all your meals with us I am sure you feel like a seasoned diner and have your favourite choices on our menu. You will need to come back and provide us with your opinions on our new menu!

I hope you are able to cross the ditch again in the future and dine with us again.

“Dirty dishes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

The dishes were not washed at all.
Had lipstick marks on the cups.
couldnt really enjoy anything after that because it left us wondering how clean the other dishes, cutlery were..

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
PullmanAucklandHotel, Executive Chef Arun Pillai at Tapestry Dining, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear ta789789,

Thank you for your feedback on our restaurant. Please accept my humblest apologies that you encountered a dirty glass during your meal. This is unacceptable and I have addressed personally with the team. We pride ourselves on 5 star service and this is one of many checks that should be made prior to the set-up of your table.

Please accept this as a one off instance, as it is very disappointing. I do hope you bought it to the attention of our staff so we were able to rectify your concern.

I do hope you provide us with another chance to impress you in the future.

Executive Chef Arun Pillai