“First visit” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Perth, Australia
“First visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

As a fairly regular visitor to Auckland I was pleasantly surprised to dine at this restaurant..It is as good aThai meal as I have experienced anywhere.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sydney, Australia
“Best Thai on K Road”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Ive finally found a good Thai restaurant in Auckland! The food was excellent and well priced. Decor is lovely. The service is amazing. My friends and I will be back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Perfect place for a great dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been to this restaurant at least half a dozen times since its opening in February 2013! Without fail, I left the restaurant each time feeling happy and satisfied.

The decor of the restaurant is elegant with the right amount of lightings. The layout is great for either an intimate dinner or a group party.

We went there for dine outs, birthday celebrations as well as show casing Auckland ethnic restaurant at its best.to visiting friends from overseas. Every one has commented on the lovely service as well as the high food standard.

The fresh springs and steamed fish are some of the best that I have tried. Together with my family we have tried many Thai restaurant in Auckland, we find this restaurant's menu features very healthy way of cooking with minimum oil and salt. We have requested no sugar in our meals and so a healthy meal every time!

With a great location and easy parking at night time, I would highly recommend asian food lovers to give This restaurant a go.

Its success means that we would always have a great place to go for our lunch or dinner!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best Thai in Auckland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have been to Joy Bong twice since it reopened and have thoroughly enjoyed both times. Having been highly recommended it did not disappoint. The red curry's are the best I've had anywhere while the rest of the menu is fantastic also. Happy, friendly staff, delicious food, and a great setting make this the place to eat Thai in central Auckland

“Joy bong is back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Joy bong has been through some name changes recently - went from joy bong to monarchy now back to joy bong and am glad they're back! Was a little hesitant coming back here but they didn't disappoint. I've been to a few Thai restaurants in Auckland for curries and Joy Bong does the best. Have sampled other dishes on the menu and all are good. Welcome back JB.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere