“Busy Busy Burger Burger” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 1,306 Restaurants in Auckland
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Auckland, New Zealand
“Busy Busy Burger Burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Well we finally got a table at BB on our third attempt. Previously we had tried but when confronted with 30 to 40 minute waits had flagged it. That’s how popular this latest addition to Ponsonby Central is.
And it was worth the wait. Mimi Gilmour (of Mexico fame) and the team have done a wonderful job in transforming the space into a vibrant, bustling and yes noisy place to go to for a burger PLUS.
We scored two seats at the counter – I like sitting at counters; plenty of action and interesting stuff happening.
Service was prompt and we were greeted pleasantly by our waiter. Simple menu choices. I had the Special – hawaiian burger with bacon & pineapple, Deb had the fish (as they always seem to do!!). Both were tasty and more-ish.
For a side it was a toss-up between the potato skins w truffle aioli and the kumara crisps but the skins won out and they were excellent. It might have to be the kumara crisps next time (it’ll be Deb’s choice haha) as the couple next door had them and they looked very tempting. I only just stopped myself reaching over and nicking one!! I’m told the charred broccoli w garlic butter & almonds is a stand out so I’ll be having that next time as well.
The “No Nonsense Refreshments” list offers a bit of everything from milk (Lewis Road of course), shakes, homemade sodas, Isaacs cider (on tap, yeah) to good old Lion Red – some clever retro stuff here. There’s also an appealing list of wine, champers and cocktails on offer
Burger Burger has had lots of very positive reviews and it deserves them all. It’s a great spot for a quick “feed” and is a welcome addition to Ponsonby and to Ponsonby Central. What a great “destination” PC is turning out to be. I just love going there.
Busy busy Burger Burger is well worth the wait. We’ll be back soon.

• Visited April 2014