“One of the tastiest experiences Auckland has to offer” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #287 of 1,419 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: European, New Zealand
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“One of the tastiest experiences Auckland has to offer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Went to Loop last Thursday night for dinner, the restaurant was very busy, however we were seated right away and very well looked after. The menu had some awesome choices and I had so much trouble deciding what to order because everything sounded amazing! I ended up deciding to get the lamb and it did not disappoint, every bite I took was incredible and I just wanted the experience to last for longer. You can tell that a lot of thought went into the creation of each of the menu items and the flavours that resulted were incredible. My friends also really enjoyed their food, quite loudly actually, it's the kind of food that when you eat it, you can't help but make "mmmmm this is so good!" noises. The restaurant itself has a bright and happy atmosphere and since the business is family run, you feel as though you are among friends. SUCH a good meal, I definitely plan on going back!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Auckland, New Zealand
“There's plenty to like about this restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Having been open for only four weeks, Loop looks set to become a fixture in Kingsland, Auckland. Top quality, real, unprocessed, fresh food cooked with integrity is what we found on our visit for dinner.
My bacon and egg entree seems to be a signature dish for Loop already. Perfectly cooked small pieces of pork belly (with awesome crackling), accompanied by a scotch egg with a quail egg inside. My main was the slow cooked daube of beef. Very generous sized serving of meat that melted in the mouth. Beautiful! I can't tell you about the desserts because I was too full to try one. In the menu the dishes are marked GF (gluten free), DF (dairy free), V (vegetarian) or LCHF (low carb high fat). That was much appreciated.
Just such lovely people running this restaurant. Their passion shines through. I believe that they will be tweeking the lunch menu soon, to bring it up to the high standard of the their dinner menu. Very reasonable prices and Loop will be a regular eating place for us.

• Visited May 2014