We stayed a night here before catching an early train the next morning. Although just away from the very centre of Auckland, the City Lodge is an easy walk into town and in a very good location for places to eat. Okay, the room was not the largest we've ever had but, for the price we were paying, it was excellent value. As others have said, this place has the feel of a hotel more than a hostel and the good bathroom, fridge, tv and tea-making facilities etc were welcome extras. Everything was spotlessly clean; the front desk staff friendly and helpful. We didn't use the kitchen downstairs but it looked like a well-equipped and spacious area. Early morning check-out not a problem. We would certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Lodge is a fresh central CBD budget accommodation, established in August 2005. Nestled in one of Auckland's unique oak tree cladding streets, City Lodge provides a clean, friendly and warm environment, offering a range of rooms all of which contain ensuite bathrooms, mini fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. This convenient location is close by to the main shopping facilities and restaurants, however if you wish to stay in and cook we offer a self-catering kitchen/TV lounge area and 24 hour reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your City Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Hotel Auckland Central
- City Lodge Auckland, New Zealand