“Good value...nice apartment.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 77 Hotels in Auckland
New Delhi, India
“Good value...nice apartment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Very good place to stay for couple...we took the 1 room apartment which was quite comfy. It's clean, spacious, private. Location is excellent with all kinds of facilities within reach. The staff were generally friendly and helpful. I would recommend these apartments.

Room Tip: Always take the upper floor rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Perfect location, and it was so nearby with public transports, shopping arcades, malls, food stalls, supermarkets etc. You do not need to go anywhere else to find for amenities. I took the 1 bedroom apartment, which was a little small but was okay for me, my hubby and my 7 yrs old son. Clean and neat. Nothing to complaint about street noice, well ear plugs are given anyways lol.

Room Tip: Higher floor is always preferred.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Waiuku, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Overall this is a very good place to stay. As advertised the facilities are all there, it's clean, spacious enough for two, private, close to all amenities, and the staff are friendly and accommodating. However, the place is looking a bit tired and I had to be moved to another room because the air-conditioning was inoperable. I asked for a quiet room initially as I had read the reviews regarding noise on the streets ie night club in the vicinity, so when they moved me I asked that my request for quietness was priority. It turned out that my room on the eighth floor faced directly opposite the night club below! Also my television wasn't tuned in and the room was very musty as if no one had been in it for some time. The friendly young gentleman on reception did fix my tele but I felt I'd complained enough so tolerated the noise and smell. Lucky I had some Chanel No. 5 with me but that didn't last for 5 days and obviously was too expensive to use daily as an air freshener. Also when the cleaners came in they did a pretty shoddy job of tidying up, they even removed my own salt shaker, and later 2 egg cups which belonged in the apartment. I did mention the latter so I wouldn't get a bill in the mail! No apology given but they would assure me no bill would be sent out. As I said the staff were generally friendly and helpful and aside from my little experiences I would still recommend these apartments.

Room Tip: To avoid noise, ask for a room up higher than the 8th floor if you're not scared of heights, fac...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Nadi, Fiji
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This property is great for location, value and cleanliness but what I liked most and really didn't expect (in a serviced apartment as opposed to a hotel) was the exceptional service.

We missed our flight into Auckland and arrived a day late and an hour before a medical appointment we couldn't afford to miss. The staff at Quest saved the day with super-fast checkin and directions to help us get to where we needed to be as fast as possible. They offered to (and did) take our bags up to the room for us so we could be on our way immediately.

Special thanks to R. Thompson for the five star service.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We've used these apartments a few times for somewhere to stay that's central within Auckland. They are a little bit tired but 'does what it says on the tin'. The value for money for the location and room is very good. The reception staff are friendly and if you check in when the staff are not there they have an efficient check in process set up. There is parking just around the corner, which you can organise through the hotel, approx. $7 for a weekend overnight park.

Yes, its noisy in the street outside but they do provide ear plugs and you cant avoid the noise with that location. Double glazing would be great - but to do that to a building of this size I'm sure would affect their rates - and therefore make it less economical to stay.

The rooms are clean and tidy and the bed I found to be very comfortable, best nights sleep I've had for a while.

Room Tip: The higher floors may be slightly quieter than those below.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We booked online, which is quite unnerving. We were relieved to find we did ok. The accommodations were quite adequate for our needs. The hotel is centrally located to transportation, shopping and restaurants.
There is some street noise at night.
The room was clean and the staff could not have been more helpful or friendly.

Stayed April 2014
Miranda, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was not our first choice of hotels in Auckland but glad we went there as the suite they gave us was very nice indeed. It had everything including a fully equipped kitchen, laundry, separate bedroom and a nice lounge dining area - 2 TVs and a good location for easy walking to everything. We wish we had booked Quest Apartments for the whole of our trip in NZ and would definitely use them again wherever we travel.

Room Tip: Ask for higher up and overlooking the park as it has a nicer view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Quest on Queen? Share your experiences!