“It changed my mind” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SKYCITY Hotel

You added SKYCITY Hotel to your Saves list
SKYCITY Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Victoria & Federal Streets, Auckland 1010, New Zealand   |
Ranked #12 of 77 Hotels in Auckland
Wimborne UK
“It changed my mind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I'm not a hotel person but this hotel changed my mind. It's big maybe brash but the rooms are superb (if you have a harbour view. The buffet restaurant was great for lunch, dinner and breakfast, with choices not far away. Above all it was the staff, ever helpful, but not gushing. Yes I will return

Room Tip: H4 harbour view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Beenthere63,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. My team and I were thrilled to receive your positive feedback and are pleased that your experience has given you a new perspective on hotels. Here at SKYCITY our staff strive to provide an exceptional guest experience and I am delighted you definitely received this.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another brilliant stay.

Ida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Luang Prabang, Laos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our stay at sky city hotel Auckland was fantastic. Very good beds , lovely room breakfast to die for, absolutely everything one would desire. Location is great . Service is second to nome. Nothing else but praise for this hotel Thank you Guys

Room Tip: Did not use swimmingpool or spa. Rooms are spacious Beds are very comfortable
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Maria,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at SKYCITY Hotel.

My team and I are thrilled to receive your lovely feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the future.

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed 1 Night 2/4/14. Good sleep quality. Worth a stay here.In centre of town. Building works happening at the moment. All in all can recommend. Make sure you have your toiletries and your extras as they are expensive in the room.

Room Tip: Stayed in 280. No view. but best black out curtains ever. great sleep
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Aussietracker,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at SKYCITY Hotel.

I am pleased you had a good rest at our hotel and appreciate the availability of ‘blackout’ curtains which we know are vital to ensure our guests are able to get a good night’s sleep in the heart of the city.

Thank you for your patience and understanding with regards to the construction taking place outside our property and rest assured, we are doing our best to minimise the impact this has on our guests. This will be an exciting addition to the SKYCITY complex and a wonderful space to compliment the facility.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Enfield, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Super modern and clean. The bed was super comfortable. We got to spend time in the 360 orbit restaurant and the skywalk. All the people that work there were very friendly except the person who checked us in. He did not want to talk to me ( though I was the one who booked the room). He only wanted to talk to my husband. Other than that it was great stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Alyson,

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor post. I am thrilled you had an enjoyable visit and were able to visit the Orbit Restaurant and take your Sky Tower visit to the next level by walking around the edge of the Sky Tower’s pergola at a dizzying 192 metres above Auckland. Perhaps during your next stay you might like to take the ultimate plunge and leap off the Sky Tower itself. A truly exhilarating Sky Jump experience!

I am disappointed you were not impressed with the reception you received on check in and would welcome you to contact me directly to discuss this in further detail via the contact details below.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the future.

Many thanks,
Hotel Administrator
Ida.uea@skycity.co.nz
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was very happy with the appointment and quality of my room. There were two things that let down the stay.

When I arrived at the room, it was evident that the en suite floor had not been cleaned. There were traces of peanut skin and tissue (i hope...) on the floor. I called reception to ask for it to be cleaned. Three ladies arrived to complete the task - and I was not much better off. I could not be bothered asking a second time and hoped that the basin and toilet themselves had actually been cleaned the first time.

The only other bug bear I had was the air con in the room. No matter what temperature I set the room to, it stayed at it's own temperature - too warm.
Other thatn that, the saty was good.

Room Tip: I was on H1 level which was very good. Room 187 I think. Very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Pipi_10,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you were happy with your room and guest experience here at SKYCITY Hotel for the most part.

I am disappointed to learn about the aspects of your stay that let down your overall experience. Our Executive Housekeeper is investigating why the rooms bathroom was not up to our usual high standard of cleanliness, however, we are not sure of your stay details and I welcome you to contact me directly so we may commence a thorough investigation.

Additionally, our property services team have been advised of the Air Conditioning malfunction in guest room 187 and will ensure this is in working order.

Please rest assured, these incidents are not a reflection of the high standard of service and cleanliness we pride ourselves on here at SKYCITY and I look forward to hearing from you soon and working towards restoring your faith in SKYCITY Hotel.

Kind regards,
Hotel Administrator
Ida.uea@skycity.co.nz
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel on arrival in New Zealand. We arrived at about 9.30am after over 24 hours on a plane. Obviously check-in in hotels is usually at 2pm so we really appreciated the fact that the reception staff arranged for us to get our room at 10am, after we's had a coffee.
The porters and concierge were unfailing helpful and courteous.
Our room was modern and comfortable. Cleanliness was a bit slapdash, however, and checking of the minibar was inefficient. I had to point out that items were missing (I didn't want to be charged for the items). On checkout the charges were completely inaccurate but they took our word and charged us only for the items we had had.
Breakfast was of good quality and there was a good choice.
There is a casino (which did not interest us) and the Skycity Tower, which is well worth a visit.
There is valet parking (at a charge, I think).
If we returned to Auckland we would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Maureen,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor post. I trust you are having a wonderful time in New Zealand. I am thrilled our team were able to assist you with an early check in following your long flight.

Our Valet Parking service is a very convenient and efficient parking option for a small fee of $35 per 24hrs. Our helpful concierge team will have your vehicle ready at our front door whenever you need it.

I am disappointed to read about the mini-bar issues you experienced and rest assured, our management team are reviewing this to ensure this is not repeated in the future. I am pleased our team charged you correctly on departure.

My team and I are delighted you would like to return to SKYCITY Hotel in the future and we hope you have the opportunity to do so.

Whangarei, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

This was not our first stay here and it won't be our last!. Right from the very minute you drive up till you drive away the service is outstanding. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. Room service meals are just divine and arrive promptly on a table that has a leaf that folds out, perfect for in room dinning. The breakfast in the Fortuna is great value for money. The atmosphere of the hotel is electric. The location is great, we had a short walk to Britomart to catch the train to Eden Park for the rugby..so simple and hassle free. Used trivago to find the best price for this hotel, A LOT cheaper than booking directly with the hotel and better availability when booking close to intended date of stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Cynthia,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to receive your wonderful feedback and have shared your lovely comments with our team members. I trust you had a great time at the rugby and our central location with ease of access to public transport, definitely makes SKYCITY a great accommodation option for such an occasion.

Feel free to visit our website to view our exciting hotel packages such as the new ‘Ultimate Night In Package’ available for the month of April. Starting from $179.00, put your feet up with a 1kg tin of New Zealand Kettle Korn and unlimited in-room movie’s for the night. A great way to spend an ultimate night in here at SKYCITY Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future, perhaps for the next big game.

Ida

Been to SKYCITY Hotel? Share your experiences!