“LOVELY HOTEL” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SKYCITY Hotel

You added SKYCITY Hotel to your Saves list
SKYCITY Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Victoria & Federal Streets, Auckland 1010, New Zealand   |
Announcement
Unlimited Free Wi-Fi
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Auckland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“LOVELY HOTEL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This is quite a nice place with large well-furnished rooms. It's in a good location right next to the Auckland Sky Tower.

Note that the Bell Captain & his team can easily become overwhelmed when presented with multiple check-ins & provide very poor service under those conditions, so it may be best to just take your own bags to your room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Jdeppman,

Thank you for your review of SKYCITY Hotel. My team and I are pleased you were impressed with our rooms and our convenient central location.

Here at SKYCITY Hotel we strive to provide an exceptional guest experience and I welcome you to contact me directly with details of your stay so I may investigate your check in experience appropriately.

Hotel Administrator
Ida.uea@skycity.co.nz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed at skycity 4 years ago on our way through Auckland, and having a nice experience, booked again for a 5 night stay. It was somewhat disappointing this time around finding they have removed the gym, pool and breakfast buffet. Not very forward thinking removing amenities! It is becoming borderline as well for some renovations for the prices they are charging. Carpets for sure. You can walk most anywhere and everywhere from the location which is a bonus. Overall still okay, but next time in Auckland we will search for somewhere new.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room facing the harbour. Not worth it, as you can barely see a bit of the water.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kozars,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor post. I trust you have returned home safely and had a wonderful experience in New Zealand.

I appreciate there have been a number of changes to SKYCITY Hotel since your visit 4 years ago, such as the removal of our pool and sauna facilities. However, I am pleased to inform you we do have a cardio room and buffet restaurant which were relocated following our hotel refurbishment 3 years ago. Our new cardio room (located on Hotel 4) is equipped with a range of modern cardio equipment and the addition of free weights in the near future. Additionally, Fortuna buffet restaurant is located on Level 3 of SKYCITY, as outlined throughout the hotel and complex.

We hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the future.

Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Skycity for 3 nights in January and had a great experience. Our king, city view room also looked at the water. It was spacious, nicely furnished, clean, and quiet. The staff and, especially the concierge staff, went out of their way to help with directions, restaurant suggestions, and switching dates on a Waiheke Island cruise due to bad weather. They also arranged for a courier to deliver a passport that one of our traveling companions left in his hotel room. From the hotel, the wharf and many downtown activities are a short walk away. We could buy coffee and a sweet roll in the coffee bar for NZ$5 (a bargain) and had access to computers near our room. The price for this level of lodging and service was very fair. Don't miss the view from the Sky Tower which is attached to the hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a city or water view room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Susan,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Here at SKYCITY Hotel we strive to provide our guests with an exceptional guest experience and I am delighted you were able to experience this.

I have shared your positive comments with our team who were thrilled to receive them.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your return to SKYCITY Hotel should you return to Auckland, New Zealand.

nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

i stayed for 2 nights from jan 1st to jan 3rd, 2014 prior to my cruise. i arrived at 9am and was told my room would be ready after one so i checked my bags, came back at one and the room was ready. it was a nice spacious room with free wi-fi. the hotel has a casino in it, several restaurants and plenty of coffee shops and places to eat nearby. the staff was courteous and helpful. the gym is small but adequate and is free as well. the hotel is just a few blocks from the main shopping street which takes you to the harbor. it is about a 15 minute walk to the harbor. taxies are outside as is one of the free loop buses that take you around the city. the room cost was quite reasonable and all in all, it was a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear blustig77,

Thank you for taking the time to review your New Year stay at SKYCITY Hotel. I trust you have returned home safely with wonderful memories from your cruise.

I am pleased our staff were able to assist in checking you in following your early arrival. Please feel free to advise an early arrival time when booking, as we will do our best to fulfil that request if possible on the day.

As well as an exciting Casino and over twenty restaurants and bars, SKYCITY is home to the iconic Sky Tower. With 360º views of Auckland city and two appetizing restaurants, the Sky Tower is definitely a must see.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel should you return to Auckland, New Zealand.

Middx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Skycity hotel is in a good location,only a couple of blocks from the Airport bus stop,but up a very steep hill which makes it a little difficult if you have a large case to pull.As the hotel is also part of the casino complex it can seem a bit impersonal but there is always a lively buzz.
The room was fine,with all the usual amenities,including wifi and the bed was very comfortable.Although there were roadworks outside,they did not disturb sleep.I did not use the restaurant facilities as there are plenty of local places to eat.
I thought the hotel was good value for the money and would stay here again if I was in Auckland.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Sagittarius7Middx,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. I trust you have returned home safely and had an enjoyable stay in Auckland, New Zealand.

Here at SKYCITY we have one of the best central locations in Auckland allowing ease of access to the CBD and waterfront. As an alternative to the Airbus (which picks up and drops off on Queen St), our staff will be more than happy to assist in booking an airport shuttle to or from the airport, leaving and arriving right outside our hotel entrance.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY next time you visit Auckland.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Decided to stay at skycity for my birthday, booked the romance special and paid extra for a deluxe room. When arriving to our room i noticed it was just the standard one so i informed skycity and they changed our room offering assistance with our bags. The package came with free valet parking but when arriving they didnt ask us anything about needing help with parkkng or valet so i just used my premier rewards card to open my own self parking spot. The room and bathroom was nice, got chilled wine and late check out. 'Romance pack' included wasnt really a romance pack it was mostly soaps, one massage oil and bath bomb/salts. Also dissapointed to find no bath robes, overall a nice hotel but nothing special compared to other places ive stayed

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Philippaac,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. I am pleased you were happy with your room and certain aspects of the ‘Do Not Disturb’ package, however, I am disappointed the romance kit did not meet your expectations.

Please accept my apologies that you were not instructed to use Valet parking as part of your package and the confusion surrounding your room type at check in. While I am unsure of the details of your reservation, I would like to investigate your stay further in order to address the points raised and I welcome you to contact me directly in order to do so.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ida.uea@skycity.co.nz
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed at Sky City, Auckland for two days and the entire experience overall was excellent. The room was big and immaculate, the bed was gigantic, was at the end of the hallway so reasonably quiet. Big windows with a decent view, comfortable couch. Massive bathroom.

We were impressed with the high level of cleanliness - and not only in our room which was the cleanest hotel room I think we've stayed in. But the rest of the hotel was very tidy. It obviously says a lot about the Hotel when it is presented in such a clean and tidy way.

We didn't eat at any of the eateries but did have breakfast in our room and the food was tasty and fresh.

As part of our room package we were given soaps, bubbles and chocolates that were delicious.

The only thing they need to improve on is the TV reception. The picture was of poor quality on all the channels so when we wanted to flick on the TV it would have been good to have a clearer picture.

I have since been advised they (are in the process of) planning to upgrade the digital system.
Good on you Sky City for doing so.

Apart from the lousy TV reception, everything else about our stay was thoroughly enjoyable and was worth the money we paid.

Room Tip: We compared many Hotels in central Auckland and most were priced about the same. We chose Sky City a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Justin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to SKYCITY Hotel. My team and I are thrilled you had an enjoyable stay on our popular ‘Do Not Disturb’ package.

I am delighted to confirm, we are close to completion of our HD television upgrade. By the end of this week, each of our hotel rooms will have full HD televisions with quality reception and a crystal clear picture.

Once again, thank you for your positive review and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Many thanks,
Ida

Been to SKYCITY Hotel? Share your experiences!