“all good news” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SKYCITY Hotel

You added SKYCITY Hotel to your Saves list
SKYCITY Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Victoria & Federal Streets, Auckland 1010, New Zealand   |
Announcement
Unlimited Free Wi-Fi
Ranked #12 of 77 Hotels in Auckland
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“all good news”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Loved my stay in SkyCity Hotel, and I'm from Wellington so that says a lot right there lol. Was there for a conference and the staff were very helpful from the time I arrived to check out time. the facilities that i was able to use were great. Definitely will be coming back, and the brekkie was great. keep up the great work

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Martin S,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to hear you had a wonderful experience at SKYCITY while attending your conference.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Hotel is a little out of the restaurant/cafe area as we had trouble finding somewhere nearby the next morning for a simple breakfast before catching a flight. Rebo restaurant in the foyer was lovely for dinner. Room was nice and clean and quiet and the rain shower was excellent. Concierge staff were very helpful and the room had FREE Wifi (great when travelling with 3 teenagers).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear rmb0208,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at SKYCITY Hotel. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay in our double deluxe guest room. The team and I are proud of our newly refurbished designer bathrooms in our double deluxe rooms which feature European tap ware and walk-in showers with ‘rain shower’ shower heads.

On a future visit I invite you to speak with Concierge regarding suggestions for breakfast restaurants in close proximity to SKYCITY Hotel. Our team will be only too happy to assist.

The team and I hope you had a safe return trip to Perth.

Many Thanks,
Taranaki NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were visiting Auckland for a "girls Shopping trip" so the location of Sky City was our 1st choice.
We got a fantastic surprise on check in to be upgraded from a standard twin room to the most beautiful huge superior twin suite! This made our day Thanks so Much Sky City.
The duty managers name was Karon, he was so lovely and obliging in every possible way. We went to reception to thank him and tell him everything was perfect and he gave us a bottle of bubbly and some chocolates to enjoy our stay even more.
The room was laid out really nicely 2 queen sized beds in a huge separate bedroom with huge flat screen TV, lovely lounge with big TV comfy couches, chair, ottoman etc. huge walk in wardrobe, bathroom has separate bath and vanity area and walk thru a bit further to a separate area to big shower box, and toilet. So much space throughout this Suite and lovely fixtures and fittings. Everything was spotless and well maintained.
It was an absolute pleasure to stay at Sky City and we will certainly be returning. Thanks so much Karon for the most amazing friendly service ever.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jeknaki,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. I was delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay at SKYCITY Hotel. I will be thrilled to share your wonderful feedback with Karan and the rest of the team.

I hope you have returned safely to Taranaki and the team and I hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed in SkyCity twice during our trip to New Zealand, at the very start and the very end and had booked into a Premium King Room as I had found a good deal on one of the booking sites found here.. When we arrived the first day, the lady checking us in told us that we had been upgraded to a suite! Having lost our luggage and having a long journey, this was great news indeed! Our room wasn't ready, however she requested right away that it would be cleaned and had us fill out all the paper work and gave us a password for the wifi that we could use in the lobby. We left our bags with the concierge coat check, went for lunch and got our key to our most beautiful, big room with TWO giant beds and a big screen tv, a seperate sitting room with the same tv, a shower rooom and toilet room and a walk in wardrobe!! Amazing! Especially as I had fallen over on the steps of the art museum and had twisted my foot quite badly, it was a pleasure to have the space to relax in!

The only downside to the suite was that the wifi connection was, at times, infuriatingly inconsistent.

When we went to check out, the same lady who had checked us in (her name was Chansey and she was the duty manager I think) also was checking us out. Very impressively she remembered my name and directed us to where our bus would begin to take us on our New Zealand adventure!

The second time we returned, we were not as lucky with the upgrade, but still, the Premium King room was perfect. The bed could fit three people comfortably (there was space for three lots of full sized pillows across) and two people divinely! Enough room to starfish without encroaching! The wifi this time worked perfectly and quicly, so I'm not sure what happened the first time, either the room is not well posiitoned for the wifi ir they were just having an off day!

We didn't eat at all in any of the hotels' bars and restaurants, we did venture to look at the noodle bar, but it didn't look too appealing and the doorman to the casino was hesitant to recommend it (after he had asked me for ID, which at 28 years old is very flattering!), so we looked elsewhere!

The hotel is very well located - obviosuly you are right at the Sky Tower, but also at the Intercity Bus Station for onward journeys, as well as the shopping street of Queen Street, a ot of restaurants, bars, supermarkets, take out food places etc.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Orourkel,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I hope you had an enjoyable journey throughout New Zealand. I am delighted to read that our team were able to give you a complimentary upgrade to a suite during your first visit. I will be thrilled to share your positive feedback with Chansy and the rest of the team.

I welcome you to contact me to discuss details further in regards to your experience with the WIFI service during your first visit.

My team and I hope you have had a safe return journey to Ireland.

Many Thanks
Mangawhai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had an overnight stay whilst going to a concert in Akd. we were very happy with our stay, and also the proximity to the Town Hall where our concert was.
we would definitely stay again--no complaints

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Christine Q,

Thank you for taking the time to review SKYCITY Hotel on Trip Advisor. I hope you enjoyed the concert at the Town Hall.

The team and I look forward to your next visit to SKYCITY Hotel.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We arrived at Skycity - 2 adults and 3 children and because they didnt have interconnecting premium rooms we were upgraded to a suite plus a premium room so we could be close to the children. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. We had breakfast included and there was lots of good choices for all of us. The staff were all very helpful and we thoroughly enjoyed our two days and two nights spent there. We would stay again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Denise M,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to learn that our staff were able to accommodate you and your family by upgrading your rooms to interconnect, making your stay that much more enjoyable. I was thrilled to share your feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to SKYCITY Hotel.

Kind Regards,
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Skycity was a good value and a great location. The only complaint I have is when we arrived we were asked to put our luggage to the side and after we got our room number we turned around to get our luggage and it was gone. They should ask you if you want your luggage taken to the room. I did not appreciate someone just taking it without asking. Other than that it was a quiet hotel for the large size.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Gena50,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor post. Please be assured our Chief Concierge has received your feedback regarding luggage delivery and will be reviewing this process.

The team and I hope you have had a safe return journey to Brisbane.

Many Thanks,
Ida

Been to SKYCITY Hotel? Share your experiences!