“standard hotel fare” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SKYCITY Hotel

Save Saved
You added SKYCITY Hotel to your Saves list
SKYCITY Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Victoria & Federal Streets, Auckland 1010, New Zealand   |
Ranked #12 of 76 hotels in Auckland
Adelaide, Australia
“standard hotel fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We arrived in late to Auckland, so the 24 hour front desk was great. Car parking was plentiful but better signposting of which lifts to use for the hotel would have been good. We had an issue with our original room smelling of cigarette smoke, but we were promptly relocated. As hotel guests we got discounted entry to skytower. The hotel is a casino so be aware if you have children that certain areas are age restricted. The buffet breakfast was quite a large buffet. Overall was clean and tidy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SKYCITY H, Admir Mullaaliu, Hotel Operations Manager at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Ivan_J_R

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review.

SKYCITY Hotel is a smoke free property. The only space within our property where smoking is permitted is in the courtyard. While every attempt is made to adhere to this it is disappointing when other guests ignore this policy. I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow me to fully review.

admir.mullaaliu@skycity.co.nz

903 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always enjoy staying here as the staff are friendly especially Dicky on concierge. Only a short walk to Queen St and the viaduct area. The rooms are very clean and spacious with the one of most comfortable beds I have slept in. The breakfast at "Sammy's " was fantastic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Judz,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read your wonderful feedback regarding Dicky and the team.

Many thanks,
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Excellent housekeeping, spacious, friendly staff. Very comfortable. Only issue was a refrigerator that was either freezing everything or letting things melt but overall not a big issue.
The bed was two put together so as long as you weren't in the middle it was very comfortable.
The smoking area is on the first floor of the hotel so my partner had to travel a bit to smoke (serves him right lol)
Wished there were bathrobes for the room but it wasn't like anyone could see in anyway.
Overall a very enjoyable experience

Room Tip: Long hallways. If you are lucky you will be closer to the lift than we were.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Stackit,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Please do not hesitate to contact our duty manager on guestservicessupervisors@skycity.co.nz to confirm your room type preference. Your guest profile will be updated with this detail. Our team will endeavour to allocate this room type to your on future stays, however, this is subject to availability. Please note we do have guest rooms with courtyard access which is our designated smoking area.

I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow me to ensure the fridge in your guest room is in working order.

Admir.Mullaaliu@skycity.co.nz
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Lovely hotel with particularly courteous housekeeping staff. I stayed in a suite and it was perfect for working
some problems with internet access (a bit erratic) but otherwise all amenities as you would expect in a hotel like this

Room Tip: Suites are great
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi Julie H,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our room attendants. I have shared your feedback with the rest of our team who were thrilled to receive your comments.

Wi-Fi is accessible throughout SKYCITY Hotel including guest rooms. I do apologise for any challenges you experienced accessing this service during your stay. I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow our IT team to fully investigate your feedback.

Best wishes,
Admir.Mullaaliu@skycity.co.nz
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We spent four nights at Sky City in February 2013. We loved the location and the room was very good, clean, and comfortable. Sky City is very contemporary and a well run hotel in our opinion other then a disconnect at the front desk.

The concierge crew were all very helpful, and David is exceptional.

The only negative we saw was at the front desk check in. There was one other couple and us who had come in on an overnight flight and were waiting for rooms.Our luggage was being held and the four of us were just sitting in the lobby area across from the front desk. That part was understandable since we arrived at the hotel around 10AM. There were no other guests in the check in area after about 11AM and the front desk employees did not appear to be doing any thing other then talking to each other. Finally about noon we asked if there were any rooms ready. The employee said yes, they had rooms. It would seem customer friendly if the front desk people who knew we were waiting, could have looked up and told us there were rooms.

Room Tip: High floor with a view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JeannieTexas,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review.

I am delighted to read your positive comments regarding David and our Concierge team. David was recently awarded a Quest for the Best Leadership award from SKYCITY. This award recognises the best of the best. I was thrilled to share you feedback regarding David and our Concierge with the rest of our team.

SKYCITY Hotel will guarantee check-in from 3pm. Where possible our team will accommodate early arrivals, however, this is subject to room availability. I am sorry to read our team did not notify you when a guest room become available at 11am. I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow me to review your experience on check-in.

admir.mullaaliu@skycity.co.nz
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very nice hotel, great central Auckland location. Nice spacious room, luxurious bathroom, nice sofa in the room, no complaints at all. Lots of small 24 hour convenience stores nearby, 24 hour eating in the adjacent casino, great Starbucks-type coffee places close by. The only problem is it almost always seems to be full and hard to find space, I guess that's why it receives such high ratings.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Pattayainsider,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read your comments. Please keep an eye on our website or TripAdvisor page for updates regarding latest hotel package offerings.

The team and I look forward to your next visit to SKYCITY Hotel.

Many thanks,
Orleans, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel has a convenient location for enjoying the city of Auckland. Be sure to take the elevator to the top of the skytower. I would also suggest visiting the Maritime Museum and the harbor tour offered.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JFC40,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor post. I am confident other travellers will appreciate your recommendation to visit Maritime Museum and harbour tour and the SKY Tower.

I hope you have returned safely to Massachusetts.

Admir

Been to SKYCITY Hotel? Share your experiences!