Stayed here for a week, was a busy hostel.
The kitchen area is large but unfortunately only 2 cookers and one microwave for a hostel this size is not enough. The fridge could do with a good clean.
The room I stayed in was nice, 8 bed mixed. Big window but right at the front so did get a lot of noise. Also only two sockets in this room, really not enough! This practice seems standard across most nomads and x base hostels in nz, seriously it's not difficult to create enough outlets for everyone in the room to at least have one!
Room was comfy and clean, although cleaners attitude had a lot to be desired, often coming in without so much as a knock and then screaming and shouting at each other, I don't find this acceptable when people could have been trying to sleep.
Bathrooms were fine, very clean, but possibly need a little tlc.
Bar was good, nice cheap drinks for guests.
Lift never seemed to work, very annoying when the kitchen is on the 7th floor.
Tv lounge was pretty good, however ruined by one long term resident who seemed to be in charge of the tv and kept mounds of dirty pots in there.
Front desk staff were helpful, didn't find the travel shop very helpful at all.
Not advertised as a dry hostel.
No free WiFi. Very annoying!
Would stay again if passing through.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Backpack in style at Nomads Auckland Backpackers Hostel.We’re located in a beautiful historic building in downtown Auckland, near everything you need for your stay in this fantastic city. Come stay at our stylish, upmarket hostel in the central city, We have some female-only dorms as well as mixed dorms and private rooms!We have great facilities, with a friendly atmosphere and crew who will cater to your every whim. Our travel staff were hand-picked to ensure you will have a trip to remember!We’re in an awesome downtown Auckland location, close to Vector Arena, Skytower, Viaduct Harbour, the train station and all the downtown shops – it’s the perfect place to stay in Auckland.Our facilities include 24-hour reception, Global Gossip internet and Wi-Fi, and a rooftop kitchen with panoramic views of the city and harbour. We have free tea and coffee, free travel advice (no booking fees) and free 2-for-1 drinks vouchers at check-in. Hang out on our rooftop sundeck, communal kitchen or our lounge with Sky TV. Chill out in our free sauna and rooftop spa then head down to Fort Street Union Bar to meet travellers from all over the world. We put on free and cheap daily activities all around Auckland. FREE 30min WIFI each day.FREE Tea & CoffeeFREE SaunaFREE Heated SpaFREE Travel advice (no booking fees)FREE/Cheap daily activities around Auckland ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Nomads Auckland Backpackers Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nomads Auckland Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Nomads Auckland Backpackers Hostel New Zealand