“For the serious noodle and dumpling eaters” 5 of 5 stars

09 623-6298
Improve this listing
Ranked #429 of 1,284 Restaurants in Auckland
Wellington
“For the serious noodle and dumpling eaters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

Don't expect NZ standard service as this is a busy Chinese place with lots of local Chinese coupels and families eating. The emphasis is on the food, not being happy waitors. Fantastic dumplings, excellent hand made noodles. You could be in a Northern Chinese city. This place is for serious Asian foodies. 10/10 food.

• Visited November 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sydney
“Great noodles!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

How could any fan of martial arts movies resist a restaurant with a name like shaolin kung-fu noodles! This restaurants sits near the top of Queen Street along a row of eateries.

I just had to try it and seeing their house speciality is their hand-pulled noodles, I ordered the stir-fried hand pulled lamb noodles. They were really good! A generous serve, very tasty and reasonably priced. What more can you ask for.

I am rating all my food reviews with a description on how much I would like to go back. If I was in the area, I'd happily dine there again.

• Visited October 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Virginia
“Service be damned”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014 via mobile

If you come to a Chinese restaurant for great service then you better not go at all. But if you come for great food then get that cleaved beef noodle! It was so good I ate the first night I was in NZ and I travelled all over the island and 8 days later before we left we ate it again! Dumplings were great as well

Visited September 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Good food especially hand made noodles but not average service..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2014

I would have given this restaurant a higher rating if their service can be a little bit better, but hey what can you expect for this crowded budget eating restaurant as they are not those high-end restaurant. One thing to compliment is their food, they have some good dumplings and also spring onion pizza pan cake! My favourite is their noodles which is good texture and right amount of chilli to push me to finish it! Although I have to say is a little bit oily but who cares when you have one hot bowl of good noodles soup during winter time! My advice to others, come early if you want to have better experience as one they are on full-house mode things can go quite unsatisfactory service..

• Visited September 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Service average but yummy food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My friends and I decided to try this restaurant on account of the fact that it always seemed to be crowded everytime we walked past. We were a group of 6 adults and were promptly seated in one of the rooms upstairs with the only big table. The service was average as we had to go get our own cutlery and tea! The house special noodles were really tasty as was the fried pan bread. The lamb skewers were nice but very strongly flavoured with ?cumin.

Overall, I loved trying a new cuisine but some of the dishes had too strong a flavour for my tastebuds. The prices were reasonable for the amount of food we ordered. Plenty of off-street parking around.

• Visited May 2014