“Best Ugly Divine” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Bagel Cafe
Wellington
“Best Ugly Divine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Thought I'd support our ex Welly restauranter Al Brown at his new Best Ugly Bagel place in Auckland. I had the paatrami mustard pickle and swiss cheese and it was to die for with I must say, the BEST coffee in Auckland- Havana brand. The staff were lovely and friendly, the music was loud, old and good and the place buzzed. There is seating inside and out so you can eat there quickly or take away. This is next door to the Bike Café and opposite the Foodtruck garage. Sensational and will go again. Well done Al!!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Auckland
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I don't normally eat bagels. But I dropped in to try the coffee. And they cleverly insisted I try a bagel. I'm glad they did. The coffee was great; the bagel was tasty. Nice vide. Well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Boom Bagels and good coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is an awesome spot for cool bagels and coffee. The place smells great. Sooooo great. U have to try it. Also pretty cool location and lots of parking.

Visited June 2013
Auckland
“Lives up to name!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I love a good bagel. And the ones from Best Ugly Bagel are certainly some of the best you will be getting in Auckland. The service is fast and friendly. Yes, one may say the bagels are a tad on the expensive side, but they are totally worth it. They are also generous with the toppings each of the times I have been there. My favourite is still the salmon.

It is also worth noting that there isn't heaps of seating - about four or five stools inside and a few communal tables outside. When there has been two of us we have never had to wait long for a seat/if at all, but for large groups takeaway may be the better option.

Visited July 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A bagel, I shall try not to get too excited”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have been here twice. I like bagels. I find it is a bit more image than anything else. The bagels are nice no doubt but they are just bagels. People rave about the bread in France but it tends to come with a meal and isn't the centerpiece.

The menu is clearly trying to be quirky with options like peanut butter or pastrami and a pickle and a bunch of other stuff.

Lets get back to it being a bagel. I wonder if they offered it with bacon and egg, would anyone order anything else.

Nice bagels, pretty good coffee on a good day but in my view it is a vehicle for spending as much as you can on a bagel.

Visited May 2013