“Tasty, cheap, thai-inspired meals” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Auckland, New Zealand
“Tasty, cheap, thai-inspired meals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've been here for lunch on several occasions. The setting is unusual, with a very modest exterior leading into a sizeable interior, offering diverse seating options including large, long tables for groups. The restaurant design is quirky and eclectic, and so are the customers - a mix of backpackers, university students and professionals in suits. The meals are very reasonably priced. I enjoyed the chicken larb - a generous serving with heaps of flavour. Although I'm a fan of spicy food, I was a little surprised that the dish packed so much chili heat. I would also recommend the Tom Yum Soup - lovely sweet, sour and spicy flavours with chicken and veges, combined with a generous serve of perfectly cooked rice, this was very good budget dining at only $6. The kitchen staff appear to be thai and I noticed most of the food coming out of the kitchen was in an asian style. All of the curries, noodle and rice dishes looked tasty and well-presented. Coffee, baked items and italian-style dishes were also available, but seemed significantly less popular.

• Visited September 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Poor.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Ate here with my friend last week. Despite ordering at the same time and sitting at the same table, I got my food after 30 minutes and she had to wait 50 minutes. My food was cold by the time we both started eating, and all we got was attitude from the manager. One of the waiters offered my friend a free drink, but I still had to pay for cold food. Would not visit again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Helsinki, Finland
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We've visited this place probably about 10 times now, since it's really close to our apartment. The $6 meals are a great deal, especially for the student budget. Goes great for lunch but the price is same at all times. There's also a larger version available for all basic dishes, but the regular has always been enough.

We have mainly ordered the thai style dishes, which have been really good almost without exception. Our favorites are Chicken & Cashew, Chicken Chili Basil and Beef Musaman Curry. Pad Thai is also very good. We tried the italian dishes a few times, but they didn't live up to the expectations set by the excellent thai dishes. Staff is always very friendly and helpful, and the food comes out very quickly even when it's busy. Love this place!

• Visited May 2013