“Brilliant! the highlight of my trip to Auckland.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 112 activities in Auckland
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
“Brilliant! the highlight of my trip to Auckland.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I booked a 2 day fishing charter with NZ Yachts 4 Charter for myself and a couple of friends. We were made to feel very welcome onboard and Captain Jamie showed us to our cabins and explained how things worked - very helpful. The cabin was spacious and had a double bed, wardrobe space and a bathroom with toilet and shower.
We set off at about 10.am and headed out into the Hauraki Gulf. The view of Auckland city was fantastic so I took loads of photos, we passed Rangitoto Island and headed towards Great Barrier Island. On the way we did a spot of fishing and caught a couple of snapper.
We anchored just off Great Barrier Island and enjoyed a few beers as the sun went down, Captain Jamie was our Chef too and I am being totally honest here, He cooked the best stake I have ever tasted, it was absolutely brilliant.

After a comfortable nights sleep and a delicious breakfast we headed off to do some more fishing. The boat comes with a huge amount of fishing gear including bait and the crew were very knowledgable about the area, types of fish we could catch and what bait to use.

Needles to say the fishing was excellent and as we moved around the Hauraki Gulf we caught a wide variety of fish, we even saw a hammerhead shark, which I had never seen before and then there were the dolphins that accompanied us as we went.

We headed back to Auckland's Viaduct Harbour and arrived just after sundown, having viewed the amazing sunset over the harbour and city skyline.

I can't recommend NZ Yachts 4 Charter highly enough, they were friendly, helpful and professional from start to finish.

Visited March 2013
JDStCB, Owner at NZ Yachts 4 Charter, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We're so glad you enjoyed your fishing charter with us and look forward to seeing you again.

1 review from our community