“Re: “Don't bother wasting your money”” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #403 of 1,306 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Bakeries, European, Healthy
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Re: “Don't bother wasting your money””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

really?? seriously I am a once in a while customer, i go there every once fornightly food and drinks are brillant. I love eating I almost had everything from their menu and i esp like that italian beans that ”Chandsahrawat“ commented. I have never been served with beans from a can from the sweetie cafe that you have mentioned. If I ever did I would know and you are right its not worth value for $12.50 if it is served with beans in a can. I just went to the cafe last week and i had the italian beans and it was delicious as usual I am sure its not beans from a can. Only thing that I do not like is that the business is not big enough as it gets busy at times.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great service, great value, fantastic coffee and lovely atmosphere. We will definitely come back soon !

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't bother wasting your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

If you want coffee and a brownie go there. If you want food out of a can, slow arrogant uninterested service for Crap value for money save yourself the angst of visiting.
My husband ordered a steak sandwich. It had over cooked minute steaks sandwiched between bread that was soaked in mayonnaise.
I ordered "Italian beans" with chorizo on toast. What I got was a can of watties baked beans warmed up with toast and some mesclun. We reminded the waitress of the forgotten chorizo, it never came.15 minutes after chewing on our bread as we had paid $50 for our meals and were hungry we left. I told the waitress that the beans were not Italian beans but baked beans from a can. She said not that I know of but I will let the chef know and never came back even as we left our table never having seen the chorizo. I doubt they have chorizo perhaps it would have been a Cheerio or cocktail sausage passed of as a chorizo.
I can eat beans on toast for $3 at home why pay $12.50.
Lesson learnt drive to the city to get decent cafe food.
Utterly shocked that such places continue to trade.

“Love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

A sweet spot semi-hidden in a passing by location. Love the people and the food is always to die for. Pretty pricey but well worth it. The coffees are great too. A wide range of cabinet food as well including different sweet treats to go with a coffee in the morning.

Visited July 2013
“Amazing coffee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great cafe to have just up the road, the coffee is amazing and the staff are really friendly.

I haven't tried the food yet, but it looks delicious and they have a good range of counter food.

Visited March 2013