“Awesome smoothies to be found here.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Auckland, New Zealand
“Awesome smoothies to be found here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This used to be a regular hang-over brunch stop for me....I always had eggs Benedict and a mocha!... It has always been reliably consistent with its good quality food and coffee.
Recently, I have discovered its lovely piña colada smoothie and I have never looked back!
It has a fab outside courtyard, but beware of leaving your food unattended even for a second as those cute wee birds that you see mincing about are devilishly cunning and will swoop at the drop of a hat. Many a muffin has come a cropper this way.
The decor is lovely and the bathroom is great as well!

Visited March 2013

96% Recommend
AKL
“Service, Food, Drinks - Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I came here with my partner, an after work coffee before going home.

The coffee was delicious, one of the best coffees I have ever had! Infact, so great I even took a picture of it and put it on Facebook because hes name was written in chocolate!

They gave us a free muffin randomly, the two young women who worked there were fantastic.
Down to earth, nice, friendly, not to smothering and generous.

If you want to enjoy a quiet coffee or snack, and don't want the $$ from main stream cafes opposite the road, then this is for you.

Forget image, forget name, this is quality

Thanks

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
new zealand
“great coffee and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Recently went for lunch. Was a lovely day and the courtyard was fantastic. Definately reccomend sitting in the couryard if weather ok.
The menu selection is great, with some different options to elsewhere. The salad options are great and jammed packed with goodness.
Coffee was excellent and came out quickly, even though they were busy.
Courtyard has covered and open options.

• Visited November 2012
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Good Coffee, Good Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice little cafe in Mt Eden village served a good coffee and the sausage roll was pretty good too. Could have taken a little more blue cheese mixed through as the one small bit I did get really punched up the flavours and added a lot to the offering.
Pretty good tho

• Visited November 2012
Auckland
“A welcome in Mt. Eden, Auckland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Recently, we and another couple enjoyed a meal at 'Ironique', in Mt. Eden Road, so name, I gather, because of the wrought iron work evident in the premises when the proprietors took over the premises.
Upon entry, we were pleasantly surprised by the warm, comfortable atmosphere initially, and then by the size of the restaurant, which is somewhat larger than the view from the street would indicate.
We had not been aware of the restaurant until we were introduced to it by our friends, who dine there on a regular basis.
We started with a platter of dips and then moved straight to the mains. My wife and I each had the Steak Diane (a dish that we had last had at Noah's, in Whale Bay, Sydney nearly 40 years ago!). Although it was enjoyable, mine was closer to 'medium' than the 'rare' that I had asked for. The others said that they were satisfied with their meals. We shared a bottle of excellent Pinot Noir from the South Island ($40.00). Total cost for 4 people for starters, 4 mains, 2 coffees and a bottle of wine, was $178.00.
Staff who attended to us were friendly and helpful.

• Visited September 2012