I stayed here for a week.. The first time I'd ever been away from home and travelling on my own. When I arrived reception were very friendly however they just gave me my key and told me where to go.. I was not shown around so had no idea where the laundry facilities were for example. Once in my room I was disgusted by the stains on the duvet.. I actually went out and bought my own bedding as I could not bring myself to sleep in the filthy duvet they had left me. The bed was comfy and found I caught up really well on my jet lag. In the lounge of the female only dorm I stayed in there were 4 bedrooms branching off - each with 8 beds in yet there was only a two seater sofa in the lounge and a table with two chairs. The location of the hostel is perfect, slap bang in the centre of Auckland but in my opinion that is the only positive from my experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nomads Fat Camel Hostel is perfectly located in the heart of Auckland, near to the Skytower and Viaduct Harbour. We have apartment style accommodation, with shared dorm rooms and private rooms, even a female only apartment. Security Swipe Card access 24 hours and 24 hour reception and internet access. Free Meal every night you stay, free activities in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Nomads Fat Camel Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nomads Fat Camel Hotel Auckland Central
- Nomads Fat Camel Hostel Auckland, New Zealand