Stayed here only for two nights in Novemeber, in the girls only dorm because other beds were full. I did choose the windowless dorm so it was a given that the room would be a little stuffy. The hostel is set out like apartments, with 4 or 5 dorms sharing a kitchen and common room. All the girls were friendly, though a lot of them were staying long term, making the place pretty messy. The bathroom was probably the filthiest I had seen after 3 months in hostels in NZ. Mould everywhere! And coming out I didn't feel much cleaner. Girls hair products, toothbrushes and make up surrounded the sink and the kitchen was pretty filthy.
I didn't have a bad time here, though I chose to stay at baseX on my return back to Auckland. Which was much nicer (and cleaner).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nomads Fat Camel Hostel is perfectly located in the heart of Auckland, near to the Skytower and Viaduct Harbour. We have apartment style accommodation, with shared dorm rooms and private rooms, even a female only apartment. Security Swipe Card access 24 hours and 24 hour reception and internet access. Free Meal every night you stay, free activities in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Nomads Fat Camel Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nomads Fat Camel Hotel Auckland Central
- Nomads Fat Camel Hostel Auckland, New Zealand