Stayed there when we first arrived in Auckland. It is right in the center.
One good thing in this backpacker are the different apartments. 2 apartments on each floor, each with their own kitchen.
We tried both the dorms and the double rooms.
The double rooms are ok. The ones in the apartment with only double are better (302 i think)
We had to switch to a dorm. No lockers, no space...
In a really small room, they managed to put 4 bunk beds... Some bunk beds dont have a ladder. Be prepared to wake up at 10 sharp with the vaccum cleaner and the lights.
Friendly staff, free bowl of food at 7pm (pasta, chili, ...)
Wifi quite expensive
Noisy at night
- Also Known As:
- Nomads Fat Camel Hotel
- Nomads Fat Camel Hotel Auckland Central
- Nomads Fat Camel Hostel Auckland, New Zealand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nomads Fat Camel Hostel is perfectly located in the heart of Auckland, near to the Skytower and Viaduct Harbour. We have apartment style accommodation, with shared dorm rooms and private rooms, even a female only apartment. Security Swipe Card access 24 hours and 24 hour reception and internet access. Free Meal every night you stay, free activities in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Nomads Fat Camel Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.