Remember this review is about a backpackers hostel therefor don't go there expecting the Ritz.
That said Ponsanby is a lovely example of a backpackers hostel. We stayed in a double room and shared showering facilities with other guests on the floor.
The room was fine, a bit dated but clean, tidy with fresh bedding & towels and as we were only in Auckland 3 nights we were up early in the morning and out all day.
The kitchen facilites were great with plenty storage for your food etc.
Ponsanby is a really nice area to stay in if not a little pricey in the bars & restaurants and is only a 30 minute walk into the heart of Auckland which is an outstanding city by the way.
The staff were friendly & very helpful with any requests and their room rates are very reasonable.
All in all we were very happy with our choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ponsonby Backpackers is a beautiful 19th Century, character villa located right in the heart and soul of trendy Ponsonby filled with swanky boutiques and funky cafes and bars. We invite you to stay in our warm, cosy and spotlessly clean rooms, with welcoming and spacious communal areas that create the real feeling and vibe of your home away from home. Our award winning staff are the friendliest in town and are happy to give you all the information and advice you need for starting your NZ adventures! Travellers ourselves we know what backpackers want and look for in a place to call home, a true kiwi oasis. See you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Ponsonby Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ponsonby Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Ponsonby Backpackers Auckland, New Zealand