Ponsonby Backpackers was the first hostel I went to in New Zealand. Right from the beginning it became obvious to me that the decision to stay there was absolutely right: The rooms are tidy and clean, all members of staff are very friendly and in the tv room you can find the most cosy couch ever! From time to time, there are activities you can join (for instance the burger night on Mondays, where you get to eat the tastiest fries) so that it is fairly easy, especially for people who are a little shy, to meet fellow travellers. I liked this place so much I ended up staying there for ages.
Now that I'm travelling through New Zealand I have seen quite a few other hostels and I have to say that none of them can keep up with Ponsonby Backpackers! If you are looking for a cosy place to stay in Auckland, you should definitely choose PB!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ponsonby Backpackers is a beautiful 19th Century, character villa located right in the heart and soul of trendy Ponsonby filled with swanky boutiques and funky cafes and bars. We invite you to stay in our warm, cosy and spotlessly clean rooms, with welcoming and spacious communal areas that create the real feeling and vibe of your home away from home. Our award winning staff are the friendliest in town and are happy to give you all the information and advice you need for starting your NZ adventures! Travellers ourselves we know what backpackers want and look for in a place to call home, a true kiwi oasis. See you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Ponsonby Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ponsonby Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Ponsonby Backpackers Auckland, New Zealand