A stay at Mollies is indeed a rare treat. We stayed for two nights on our way from Australia to the USA and thoroughly enjoyed the property and the hospitality of the owners.
The experience is like staying at the grand home of a friend - rather than in a hotel.
We stayed in one of the lower floor suites that had a separate bedroom and lounge area (Suite 6). Behind the bedroom was a contemporary light filled bathroom. The lounge area, with grand piano, was filled with compendiums on operas and music and this gave a hint of what the guests were to enjoy later in the evening. The room didn't have an expansive view of the harbour, however, it did have a large terrace and a green leafy outlook.
The common areas of the hotel again have a grand yet friendly feel about them. As you enjoy an afternoon drink you can lap up the sumptuous interiors and, if you are lucky, get to cuddle one of the two gorgeous burmese cats that resides in the house.
Just before dinner the guests are treated to a short performance of arias by either the staff and/or music students accompanied by Frances (the owner) on the piano. Frances is a great host - keen to make all her guests feel at home. The general manager Jack was a delight.
We had dinner one night at Herne Bay and the second night at Mollies. The meal was theatrical and fun and the food excellent. The only down point was a rather intrusive street lamp that illuminated the bar/dining area. Drapes may have made the room more comfortable.
Each night we returned to our suite to find a lovely small present left by our hosts.
The a la Carte breakfast was served in the bar/dining room. A computer with internet access is available in the library.
We are looking forward to returning to Mollies soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mollies luxury boutique hotel is located just moments from Auckland’s CBD in the gracious heritage suburb of St Mary’s Bay. Private, spacious and welcoming, it offers elegant accommodation in a relaxed and intimate 5-star setting.Mollies’ ten suites are spacious and beautifully appointed with bespoke furnishings, king size beds, exquisite hand-printed linens and marble ensuites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Mollies reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mollies Hotel Auckland Central
- Mollies Auckland, New Zealand