“The best boutique hotel in Auckland” 5 of 5 stars

Mollies
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Tweed Street, St. Marys Bay, Auckland, New Zealand   |
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Auckland
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“The best boutique hotel in Auckland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My partner and I recently spent our anniversary weekend at Mollies and I haven't stopped raving about it since! This boutique hotel is hidden within St Marys Bay and the place is just beautiful!

We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and was greeted by their lovely staff who showed us to our stunning room and helped us with any queries. They were very very helpful and offered us wine and canapés to enjoy in our room while we unpacked and relaxed as well as helped us secure a table at a local restaurant!

The hotel is glamorous and charming - the rooms are neatly decorated, clean and chic! There is also a selection of beautiful artwork displayed throughout the hotel.

We really enjoyed our stay at Mollies! We can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Queenstown, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I checked in for a romantic night on our way through Auckland, and Mollies delivered a memorable night that would be hard to better. Whoever is choosing the art has an amazing eye, we spent ages just walking around the hotel looking at the comprehensive collection of some of New Zealand's most celebrated works.
The price was VERY competitive, (some sort of special winter rate)
Off to Fiji now....

Room Tip: Room six was very nice, also had a look at room nine which was nice but upstairs.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

A recent girls trip to Auckland sees me still thanking my friend for booking Mollies! The rooms were gorgeous. Beautiful antiques, luxurious bed linen and lots of space with a sitting room and balcony. Breakfast is included and the options are varied. Everything we had was delish. How do I recreate the bircher muesli?!! Love it all. Booking again now!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Mollies having changed ownership over a year ago I was skeptical of... It is now a upscale B&B and not as much a full on hotel as it used to be (with daily round restaurant and spa) but it still stands very high in my opinion. Rooms are as good as ever, beds & linen gorgeous and service just so wonderful. With a focus on personal attention, they are still doing a great job here. Located in fantastic Herne Bay, its also a delightful place to take a walk, particularly to Point Erin Park and nearby Ponsonby. Just love this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I fell in love with New Zealand from the minute I landed in Auckland. My time in this beautiful country, with its friendly and lovely people, was all too short. My last night was spent in Mollies. From the moment my partner and I entered its doors, to our departure, I felt welcomed and at home. The rooms are beyond beautiful and the Staff! WOW! Each member of the team was spirited, kind, and incredibly warm and giving. The bar and restaurant are a dream. The rooms are gorgeously fitted, elegant, and cozy. I can go on and on. Let's just say, for me, Mollies has set the standard. The bar is very very high now that I know what true elegance and luxury is. I can't recommend this bit of paradise enough with big hugs to Anastasia who made my our all too brief time there so very very special.

Room Tip: My room was lovely! I look forward to trying all of them! We had a nice patio to a quiet street an...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Of course I have not visited every hotel in New Zealand so my title is absolutely ridiculous, however, if I had to stay anywhere in New Zealand, I would absolutely stay at Mollies.

When I arrived, I was tired. Exhausted. The woman at check in not only found a room for me (I arrived about three hours prior to check in) but also gave me a complimentary room upgrade as if it were no big deal. My bags disappeared before I even knew what had happened. If I were worried that someone might want anything in my bags, I would have been rather fearful they had been nicked!

I was then escorted to my lovely room upstairs. I couldn't believe how spectacular it was. It consisted of a large living room with a loft bedroom, and an attached master bedroom with a bath and walk in closet. Need I mention that there were two balconies, one with a view of the beautiful garden, and one of downtown Auckland. Oh, and a working fireplace.

The bathroom was wonderful. Large and marble - but modern. The shower was heavenly and the shower head made my day livable. The floors were heated but not to the point of pain as is so often the case.

But I am forgetting the most important aspect of Mollies. I have never, ever slept in a more comfortable bed. I am including my bed at home. It felt like sleeping on a cloud. It was bliss. I promptly fell asleep.

Breakfast the next morning was tasty. The menu was fresh and fabulous. And when I wanted to make an adjustment to an item, it was done without fuss and without complaint. Perfect.

The only small negative I can even think of is that the air conditioning was rather loud. It could be replaced. Oh, and the fact that I had to leave after only one night was also rather upsetting. I wish I could have stayed at Mollies for many many more nights of utter bedly bliss.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This hotel is everything you would expect from a luxury boutique hotel. We even had a grand piano in our sitting room!!!!, wish I could play it!!!! The hotel is festooned with interesting artwork, a lovely garden and beautiful decor. Coffee and tea making facilities with complimentary biscuits, homemade. The owners run the hotel and are extremely friendly. The food is lovely too. we had a midweek special rate which makes it very affordable and breakfast was included. It is an easy 20 minute stroll downhill to the city and a quick walk to the local boutiques in Ponsonby. It is quite as it is in suburbia but just lovely. Highly recommended. We will definitely stay at Mollies on our next visit to Auckland.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mollies? Share your experiences!