A superb B&B
We spent the first two nights of our visit to New Zealand at Mollies, the room was delightful and the hostess, Nastasjla (..call her Ms. Nice), was simply fantastic.
It is really more like a superb B&B than a hotel though since dinner is only offered two days a week, which did not work out very well for our second night since my wife did not feel very well, and we had decided to stay in for the evening.
It was suggested that we call out and have food delivered to the hotel; this proved to be problematic so we were offered a cheese plate, when we checked out we discovered that kindness cost $45.
The location is in a very nice quiet neighborhood but if you are interested in spending time in the city of Auckland it is less than ideal. When the weather is good, like it was on the first day of our stay, you can take a pleasant walk to the city, which will take you 30 to 40 minutes. If it is raining however it would not be pleasant and in any event you may not want to walk back to Mollies since it would be all up hill.
You can always take a taxi of course and the service is very prompt. Taxi’s in Auckland can only be found at a Taxi rank since they do not cruise the streets looking for customers; if you have a cell phone we found calling 003 3000 would get you a Taxi to where ever you were very quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mollies luxury boutique hotel is located just moments from Auckland’s CBD in the gracious heritage suburb of St Mary’s Bay. Private, spacious and welcoming, it offers elegant accommodation in a relaxed and intimate 5-star setting.Mollies’ ten suites are spacious and beautifully appointed with bespoke furnishings, king size beds, exquisite hand-printed linens and marble ensuites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Venere, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Mollies reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mollies Hotel Auckland Central
- Mollies Auckland, New Zealand