The service by the staff was slightly above average.
The room felt very old. The first room that was assigned to me on the 6th floor had a broken shower mixer knob. I immediately called reception and was told that the hotel was fully booked and thus they were unable to give me another room. They sent someone up to check the shower and after confirming that the knob was beyond repair, he went downstairs and returned after a while to say that we've been moved to another room one level below. (Guess the hotel is not so fully booked after all?) The air conditioning unit was noisy. There wasn't much sound proofing as I could even hear the next door unit flushing their toilet, not to mention the street noises from below.
In addition, the lifts made loud noises when they moved up and down which were audible even in the room. The lifts also felt unstable whenever they opened their doors.
The valet parking was also very expensive (NZD40 per night). It was mentioned that I had to call 20 minutes prior before leaving so that my car would be driven to the front. But even after I called, I was asked to wait for another 10 minutes and was even questioned if I had called earlier to collect my car! The staff also bumped and scratched the rear bumper of my car on the last day. At least the duty manager admitted fault and claimed that they would call the car rental company to settle the issue.
I guess the only saving grace was the hotel's location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the picturesque Waitemata Harbour in the heart of Auckland city and located adjacent to Britomart transport centre, the hotel is an easy walk to the waterfront and the best shopping, restaurant and nightlife districts in Auckland. Mercure Hotel Auckland has conference facilities for up to 300 delegates, the Vertigo Restaurant and Bar located on the top floor offering magnificent views of the city and harbour as well as a gym and valet parking. All rooms come with broadband Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Mercure Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Accor Hotel Auckland
- Mercure Auckland New Zealand