Stayed for 2 nights for a concert. The location is great being central and handy to viaduct, transport and CBD shopping & bars. The hotel is getting a wee bit tired with bubbling wallpaper and we had a 10 cm tear in the carpet in our room. Eveything has a feel of being a wee bit old and tired. The lift swipe card thingy played up on both days we were there. The other little niggle was we had a drink in the top floor bar around 5:30 PM before heading out for the evening - the spectacular harbour views are on the resturant side of the bar and, despite the restaurant being empty, the bar manager refused our request to sit at one of the restaurant booths to take in the view. We did point out we would be leaving before diners arrived. Having said all that, I still stay at the hotel once a month for work because of its location and good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the picturesque Waitemata Harbour in the heart of Auckland city and located adjacent to Britomart transport centre, the hotel is an easy walk to the waterfront and the best shopping, restaurant and nightlife districts in Auckland. Mercure Hotel Auckland has conference facilities for up to 300 delegates, the Vertigo Restaurant and Bar located on the top floor offering magnificent views of the city and harbour as well as a gym and valet parking. All rooms come with broadband Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Mercure Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Accor Hotel Auckland
- Mercure Auckland New Zealand