My husband and I stayed at the Mercure in Custom Street. Auckland Saturday 1st September. Checkin was efficient and very quick as was checking out. Hotel staff were all excellent. Those were the positives. The cold tap in our room had hot water coming out as did the hot tap so we had no cold water at all. Next morning as I went to have a shower I had to ask my husband to come and check the shower as I was unable to get any water at all. Well he wasn't able to either. We asked the housekeeper who was down the hall and she couldn't get any water either. So no showers for us. The paint was all peeling off the bottom of the bathroom door and some maintenance was needed badly.When we were checking out I told the lovely lady behind the counter about these problems as we were offered a free coffee!!!!.
Room number was 616 so on the 6th floor an we were kept awake the whole night by young folk outside having a great time until at least 0400hrs. Air conditioning made so much noise we had to turn it off so were roasting during the night. This was our second stay as our first stay had been great. We did have dinner in the VUE restaurant and the waitress was delightful and very knowledgeable and the food was great. Breakfast not so great as eggs tasted as though they were powdered and food was greasy.
Valet parking was $40, pretty steep we thought.
Very disappointing and we certainly will not be staying here ever again. It was cheap and I guess you get what you pay for.
I filled out all the feedback forms and thought I might get a call or response to my complaints but none have been forthcoming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the picturesque Waitemata Harbour in the heart of Auckland city and located adjacent to Britomart transport centre, the hotel is an easy walk to the waterfront and the best shopping, restaurant and nightlife districts in Auckland. Mercure Hotel Auckland has conference facilities for up to 300 delegates, the Vertigo Restaurant and Bar located on the top floor offering magnificent views of the city and harbour as well as a gym and valet parking. All rooms come with broadband Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Accor Hotel Auckland
- Mercure Auckland New Zealand