We started our New Zealand experience in the Arthotel B&B with Sally and Gerry. It was great to stay in an old style building in one of Auckland's traditonal areas. Ponsonby is well located outside the centre of the city but it's easy to get anywhere as the B&B is near to the circular bus route which is quite frequent. Although Ponsonby is an affluent residential area (I would like to be able to afford to live there!) it is also well known for it's shops and restaurants and there are many of them a couple of minutes from the B&B. The breakfasts were magnificent - freshly cooked to order and with all the extras you expect in a five star hotel, fresh fruit, cakes, cheeses and ham, etc. and wonderful coffee! Gerry is very helpful at suggesting the best places to go and how to make the best use of your time there - for those of us who are interested in it, it is an Eco place too! You cannot do better than staying at the Arthotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in a quiet, heritage, 1890's villa in the middle of cosmopolitan Auckland, just 2 minutes stroll to Ponsonby's vibrant cafes, restaurants and galleries. Fifteen minutes by eco bus, five minutes by taxi to the waterfront or a 30 minute amble through Ponsonby's interesting streets. Close to Eden Park, the Zoo and all main attractions. Qualmark 4 star+ and Enviro Gold. Breakfasts are legendary. They are cooked to order, not just left in your fridge the night before. This is a place to have fun & meet other guests.Free, unlimited wifi throughout hotel, ipod docks, all sky channels in your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Great Ponsonby Arthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Ponsonby Arthotel Hotel Auckland Central
- Great Ponsonby Arthotel Auckland, New Zealand