On the plus side we were greeted and helped by the very friendly and helpful Holly. She was a delight to deal with. On the negative side, the room was small and we had trouble fitting in with two large bags. Breakfast menu was impressive but the new cook was having trouble delivering - my husband's breakfast was overcooked the first morning and my crepe was burnt the second morning. I know the new staff was causing some stress for the owner and it was definitely showing in her interactions. While Ponsonby is interesting - the street the B&B is on is a bit mixed. We were awoken the 2nd night with a woman screaming for her life and ended up calling the police as did our host. Certainly not the fault of the B&B but impacted us just the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in a quiet, heritage, 1890's villa in the middle of cosmopolitan Auckland, just 2 minutes stroll to Ponsonby's vibrant cafes, restaurants and galleries. Fifteen minutes by eco bus, five minutes by taxi to the waterfront or a 30 minute amble through Ponsonby's interesting streets. Close to Eden Park, the Zoo and all main attractions. Qualmark 4 star+ and Enviro Gold. Breakfasts are legendary. They are cooked to order, not just left in your fridge the night before. This is a place to have fun & meet other guests.Free, unlimited wifi throughout hotel, ipod docks, all sky channels in your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Great Ponsonby Arthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Ponsonby Arthotel Hotel Auckland Central
- Great Ponsonby Arthotel Auckland, New Zealand