The 8 bed dorm room I stayed in had problems with people not getting the bed they have booked because someone extended their stay and the hostel didn't record it down or something. And one day everyone in the room were woken up at 2am because someone came back and found that her bed was taken. Seriously this is the hostel management fault. Staffs' service fluctuate according to their mood. And I don't think the way the hostel staff handle with thing is very flexible. Access card stop workig every now and then that You have to keep going back to activate it. Cleanliness of the toilets was below average quality of the hostels in NZ. Paper towels were everywhere, flush not working properly. Room cleanliness was good. . Even though the location is excellent, I don't think I will come back here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YHA Auckland International is 5-star Qualmark rated, staffed 24 hours and offers excellent amenities. Backpacker accommodation includes small and large multishare rooms. Twin, double and ensuite rooms are also available. There is a large fully equipped kitchen as well as a spacious and relaxing lounge area with Sky TV and a pool table. Other amenities include gear and luggage storage, video library, stereo and a great book exchange make this backpacker hostel a complete facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your YHA Auckland International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland International Hostel-Yha Hotel Auckland Central
- YHA Auckland International New Zealand