Unfortunately it wasn't anything special. The place didn't have a lot of character and the design was pretty basic. The location is good, but compared to other hostels in the city it's a bit further out. Some of the employees are very friendly, some are the exact opposite. The breakfast was good though (not free), and the lady who cooked/served was very very good. For New Zealand hostelling standard it's nothing more than average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YHA Auckland City is the ideal backpacker hostel to start or finish your New Zealand adventure. The hostel combines the excitement of the city with a safe and secure environment. Located at the top of Auckland’s Queen Street, this former hotel has backpacker accommodation comprising mainly twin and double rooms with some multi-share rooms and some of our rooms have views over Auckland city. There is a sun deck on the 3rd floor with a BBQ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, HostelBookers, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your YHA Auckland City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland City Yha Hotel Auckland Central
- YHA Auckland City New Zealand