This hostel is cheaper than YHA international. The staff was pretty nice and helpful, the kitchen is big, the wifi is good (and free if you are a YHA member). The location is very convenient to discover the city, you can walk easily to the town center.
The room was okay, but the windows are very thin. All the humidity come inside and everything is wet in the morning.
It's also pretty cold in winter but you can ask for extra blanket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YHA Auckland City is the ideal backpacker hostel to start or finish your New Zealand adventure. The hostel combines the excitement of the city with a safe and secure environment. Located at the top of Auckland’s Queen Street, this former hotel has backpacker accommodation comprising mainly twin and double rooms with some multi-share rooms and some of our rooms have views over Auckland city. There is a sun deck on the 3rd floor with a BBQ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, HostelWorld, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your YHA Auckland City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland City Yha Hotel Auckland Central
- YHA Auckland City New Zealand