Last weekend, including Anzac Day we stayed at the Langham Auckland for 3 nights.
Whilst this is billed as a luxury hotel I would say this is stretching the truth really.
the public areas of the hotel are nice and well maintained. However the furniture and decor of our room was dated and tired. The furniture was scratched and the wallpaper very drab. The size was good. Bathroom included shower over bath. For me this is not luxurious and for some folk quite dangerous. There was no non-slip mat. The bed was comfortable. Airconditioning worked well and we were comfortable at all times. The restaurant 8 was very busy Sunday morning. We had to wait in line for a seat and there did not seem to be enough staff to handle a full restaurant. The food selection was impressive. However I did not like seeing a spoon swimming in dirty water that was used to serve the scrambled egg! I do realise this was to make serving easier as the egg would "slip" off the spoon and not stick.
I was less than impressed in the Lunch Menu. Not inspiring to me.
We didn't eat dinner here.
We also tried the bar where High Tea and light lunches are served. The club sandwich was average but not outstanding. I became quite ill after this meal.
Location is such that a complimentary van takes guests to town. Used this and very satisfactory especially when I told the driver I was unwell.
Staff throughout the hotel were very helpful and polite. Good welcome on arrival and speedy check in. Women dressed in "pink channel like suits"-pretty.
Overall it is pleasant and will appeal to those who like traditional.
However I feel the room we stayed in could be updated to make it more appealing.
I did not love the room it was just ok.
Black soap to me is unappealing. The other products were also in black plastic and were very average looking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5-star luxury Auckland hotel in Auckland's CBD offers: 409 rooms and suites including 47 Langham Club Rooms and 16 suites* Dining at Eight restaurant and Palm Court * 24hr business centre* Free wifi throughout the hotel *Spacious meeting & banqueting facilities* Central CBD location* Luxury sedans available for airport transfers & sightseeing* Complimentary inner city shuttle service to waterfront* 24hr room service* Chuan Spa for luxury spa and beauty treatments* Chuan Healthclub & fitness centre* Heated outdoor pool plus sauna and jacuzzi* Walking to distance to Auckland city attractions including museum, art gallery, shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Langham, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham, Auckland New Zealand