“Most enjoyable holiday yet!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Up to 20% off
Ranked #4 of 77 Hotels in Auckland
Brisbane, Australia
“Most enjoyable holiday yet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Highly recommend dining at their restaurant "8" for a unique culinary experience!
Service is top notch!
Can't wait to visit the Langham in Auckland and around the world as I know the service will be consistent.
All staff were extremely helpful and escorted my elderly grandfather anywhere he needed to go. We attended a Graduation ceremony in the Great Room which was very enjoyable.

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I were recently at The Langham on two separate occasions. It scores highly in our view for its easy accessibility, the comfort of the beds and rooms, the friendliness and professionalism of the staff and an outstandingly good spa facility. The flexibility of service at breakfast was also very helpful and impressive.

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I should really be delighted to have stayed here as it is obviously a high quality hotel but, as the title suggests, it's not really my type of place and there are a few things about this type of hotel that I find irritating. As a very frequent traveller I've become a bit singular and grumpy over the years and like my own space. I really don't like the kind of fawning service you get at this type of hotel, you can hardly go a few feet without someone offering some kind of help or other. Just get me checked in, tell me where the room is and I'll be happy!

My other small moan is the wI-fI. I really despise paying for it these days and if small privately run guest houses can offer it free, this type of hotel should as well. $14 for an hour I think, a bit exploitative I'd say. Anything to squeeze a few extra dollars out of us. Free Wi-Fi is becoming one of the most important criteria when I select a hotel now.

BUT it is very, very comfortable, everything is of very high quality and the breakfast is very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The service here at the Auckland Langham is excellent, staff are nice and attentive. I stayed with my grandmother in a twin room. Everyone had a smile on their faces, not at like some other hotels where staff are grumpy and look like you disturbed their day. The 8 buffet restaurant is FANTASTIC, though for dinner a little pricey at $80 per person. It was enjoyable and the staff were excellent. I would definitely return here if I were to visit Auckland again.
I will definitely consider other Langham hotels in the future.
You also get complimentary bottled water each evening which I thought was very thoughtful of the staff. When you stay here you will certainly be pampered by the staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
tlakl, General Manager at The Langham, Auckland, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and good to hear you both enjoyed our service with a smile! We like to provide a genuine welcome for our guests, along with all the little luxuries that help to make a holiday special. We are sure you will find a very warm welcome at our other Langham properties – our philosophy is always to provide the very best in service, and that means plenty of pampering for our guests! We look forward to seeing you should you return to Auckland.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed in Oct 2012 and were very impressed. Room was nice, clean and decent size. Staff were friendly. Location wise it was 5 min to the main K road and 7 min to Queens street. Breakfast was pretty decent. Only downside was there was no free wifi even in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

On the weekend of 17/18 November 2012, I stayed at the Langham for a second time. The service here is second to none - polite but not "in your face", and extremely professional. Coupled with lovely decor and a super comfy bed, it is definitiely the place to stay in Auckland.
The only negative was the Spa - they never bothered returning my call when I tried to book a treatment at the time of making the hotel booking. That said, it would've been a nice extra and fortunately didn't detract from the whole experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Glad we were able to welcome you back to stay with us a second time. We always enjoy hearing that our staff have made our guests feel welcome, as we believe it makes a good stay even better. We are sorry you missed out on your spa treatment and have passed on your feedback to the Spa Manager. We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed ere the weekend of 3rd November as we were going to see Mary Poppins at the Civic. It was also my belated birthday present. We had a gorgeous club room on the club floor. The room was a good size with a huge bed. The bed was so comfy, I had a wonderful sleep. We partook in the club lounge for drinks and nibbles before we headed to the show. There was a good range of food option, both hot and cold. The service was initially a little slow but they were very busy. I enjoyed a delicious pinot gris. The following morning we took our breakfast (included in the club room rate) in Eight, the main dining room. This was such a good choice, for as we walked through the club lounge we saw there were limited (but still good) options up there. The buffet down at Eight was incredible. I've never seen so many options, and it was laid out really well. I enjoyed everything - particularly the crepe that was made to order for me! We had requested a late check out of 1pm which we were given, so after breakfast we went to try out the pool and spa. The pool was nice but it was the changing area that really blew me away. I tried out all the options - from the snail shower, to the ice cave, the herbal steam room and the sauna. I also dried my togs in the special tog spinner - which worked a treat. There were plenty of towels in the changing room which was appreciated.

I highly recommend The Langham Auckland for a special getaway. I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I think the club rooms are the best value.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive words about your stay with us. We definitely agree with your tip - our Club Rooms offer a very special experience, including the complimentary evening drinks and nibbles, and a delicious breakfast. It’s a great option for people wanting that extra level of luxury. Glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary Chuan Spa facilities too - the ice experience and herbal steam rooms are always favourites with our guests (one of the great benefits of having a day spa on site!). We hope to see you again soon.
Darren Thurlow, Hotel Manager

Been to The Langham, Auckland? Share your experiences!