“Top Notch!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 77 Hotels in Auckland
London, United Kingdom
“Top Notch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

Great Hotel, super staff. Nice touches like poolside snacks. Lovely spa. Rooms are very nicely done in rich fabrics.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

After a few months of no-frills budget hotels The Langham could definitely be described as frilly! I stayed for 4 nights in one of the classic king rooms at about $150 NZ a night. Compared to other cities I think this is incredibly good value, considering how luxurious the hotel is and how pampered it made me feel!

The hotel lobby is gorgeous and the reception staff were excellent, very friendly and clearly caring about their guests. My room was lovely; I had one of the basic king rooms but it still had all the 5 star luxuries. Blackout curtains, quiet air con and a massive comfy bed meant I got a great nights sleep.

The hotel does offer wi-fi and high speed internet, the prices are a little steep. I recommend waiting to see if your room is in a cheaper wi-fi hotspot if you don't want to spend too much on internet.

My only slight negative was the hotel location, it's a trek from the city center and up a big hill, however the hotel does offer a free shuttle into town and it's close to local bus stops.

Free access to the gym and heated pool were what really made this hotel for me; the gym was modern and very well equipped. I didn't get a chance to try the spa but I'm sure it would be amazing.

Overall I loved my stay at The Langham, it was a luxurious stay and great value for money.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Stayed for one night before heading home. Lovely hotel with a real sense of old world luxury. Got a really good internet rate. Would be lucky to get a 2 star hotel here for same price! buffet dinner was very good as was the night's sleep. Cocktails were pricey but I didnt really mind as I had such a good room rate. Staff were very efficient and friendly. highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

I just returned from a wonderful trip to New Zealand. Stayed at The Langham on March 27, 2011 and again on April 2, 2011. This is a very clean and luxurious hotel. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. My every need was met with a smile. The housekeeping staff seemed to work around the clock. I arrived at 6 a.m. in the morning and slept all day. I left the do not disturb sign out. I went out for dinner at 5:30 p.m. and when I returned at 8:00 my bed was made and a mint was on the pillow! I will say however, that the hotel is very expensive and you need to stay on top of that. New Zealand is very expensive as well. You will definitely need plenty of cash. They only accept NZ dollars or plastic so be prepared. Lots currency exchanges available. The hotel is a short walk from many things, but there is a shuttle and buses available.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

We stayed here for one night in Auckland before we flew back home and it was not great. Our bed smelled like urine and the lobby of the hotel is dated. Drinks are overpriced at the bar. Location is good. Luckily it wasn't expensive, but I would definitely choose a different hotel if we went back there.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Bay of Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

From the moment we hopped out of our car, the service was fantastic! We were given a tour of the hotel & all the amenities. We were also shown where things were in our room. 5 star luxury. Bed turned down with chocolates, slippers beside the beds. What a way to be spoilt & feel very special. We dined at Eight restaurant & that was fabulous. We will come back again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Kerikeri, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I stayed at the Langham twice in 2 weeks, and on both occasions, it was excellent. From the greeting by the valet and reception, via the relaxed opulence of the room, to the sheer choice of food for a quality breakfast, I found it was exactly what a five-star hotel should be. The swimming pool is great, the location may not be to everyone's taste as it's quite a steep walk back from the waterfront (but I quite liked the effort!) but it only takes 15 minutes, or there is a shuttle bus. I would definitely return to this hotel, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Langham, Auckland? Share your experiences!