Stayed here for one night on 23 March 2013. We ordered a double twin room. We had a nice view of the Sky Tower out our window. We were on level 12 so it was nice and faraway from the noise of the street. Had a great sleep the bed as it was comfortable. The bathroom was nice - a tad small but it served its purpose. I felt the details in the room were attended to properly. I understand why people wouldn't like this property as other rooms are right opposite an apartment complex and you can see right into them...not all that attractive to see.
We had the buffet breakfast. It was delicious. However it was kind of spoiled when a child vomitted on the ground. The staff were apologetic about this. I felt the staff were friendly and accommodating. Check-in process was quick, think this was because there were many people checking in so they were rushing just to get people checked in to their rooms.
It would have been nice to find out about the free drink on arrival as I had joined to be a priority member online before we stayed there. I felt that we weren't informed about this on check-in. I also didn't know I was entitled to a late check out or discounted internet useage.
We checked out at approx 10:20am and we hadn't eaten breakfast yet but because of the hotel price I got the buffet breakfast included and this charge couldn't be taken off so the staff member at the counter called the place where the breakfast was at and asked them to wait for us to get our food. I thought this was a nice gesture. The staff at the desk were nice to guests.
We did not have a car so we walked around the city. The hotel was in a great location for people who want to walk around and see some sights.
There was also A/C in the room which was good to have as it was quite hot and stuffy during the day. Also another feature I like was the iPod doc so I could charge my phone. The dimming of the lights helped when I tried to sleep and when my brother needed the lights on to see.
I would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family. Pros: food and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation and Breakfast packages available; Long stay Accommodation prices available; Modern furnishings and fittings; Complimentary Newspapers;100% Non smoking; For genuine caring hospitality and service please contact Rydges Auckland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Rydges Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Rydges Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Rydges Hotel
- Rydges Auckland New Zealand