We chose the Stamford Plaza for our stay in Auckland because of its location. It is very central and found it very convenient for walking to restaurants, bars, the shops and activities in the city. The service was also good, especially at breakfast time.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable and it was nice to have a large bath, but it has to be said the room was looking rather out-moded and tired. I felt that the rooms had little identity and were far too neutral for my taste. I also found that the sound insulation was very poor; the street noise, noise from the corridor and from above, were very obvious.
We only ate one breakfast during our stay. Considering the standard of it, we thought that it was over-priced. My husband didn’t enjoy his cooked breakfast as everything tasted too strongly of burnt vegetable oil. I opted for a continental breakfast. The selection of fruit was fine, but the croissant and pastries were the worst I had tasted for a long time. They were not even as good as the frozen ones one can buy in the supermarkets in Europe and again they tasted of burnt vegetable oil rather than butter.
Although this hotel has some good points, for me I came away feeling that there is room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-class luxury in the heart of the city, just minutes away from the harbour and viaduct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Stamford Plaza Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Stamford Plaza Hotel
- Stamford Plaza Auckland New Zealand