“Enjoyed.....Would Stay Again” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Enjoyed.....Would Stay Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I recently stayed at SkyCity Grand on my short holiday in NZ. I truly enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again. The staff was friendly, always offering a smile, a greeting whenever I encountered them. I need to give special kudos to Manuel, he always smiled, sang a smile, gave a kind word. I arrived early on my check-in day, the room was not immediately ready which was no problem as I did arrive quite early. I had an early arrival flight from the US. I was accommodated as soon as possible which was early afternoon. The considerate reception staff did allow me access to the gym so I could shower, change clothes as I waited for my room to be prepared. This allowed me to go out and about in Auckland instead of waiting in the lobby for my room. The hotel was fully booked as the West Ham FC was staying at the Grand, they played Wellington the night that I arrived. My room was nicely appointed, the decor was pleasing and the toiletries are nice. One special feature for me was washcloths in the bathroom. It is at times a challenge when traveling outside the US to get washcloths. I have learned to travel with my mine but it was a joy to have them available when I arrived in my room.....it's the little things! I had a harbour view room. The sky tower was outside the room, I watched the crazy people jumping from the tower or walking around the outside observation deck.

The hotel is in walking distance of many things to see and do in the city. The hotel does offer free wi-fi throughout the entire hotel. If I return to Auckland, I would definitely stay here again if I choose this part of the city.

Room Tip: Get a harbour view room , if possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear ectravelermd

Thank you for taking the time to review us, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at The Grand Hotel.

Excellent customer service is what we take pride in and I look forward to passing your comments onto our wonderful team and in particular to Manuel our porter – they will be thrilled to hear your feedback.

We do hope you have the opportunity to return, don’t hesitate to contact me directly prior to your arrival.

Alison.borland@skycity.co.nz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here in the beginning of our New Zealand trips. Our room was so nice with two queen size bed which very comfortable, clean, spacious decoration. Staffs were very friendly with warm welcome and willing to help.The hotel is within walking distance to a number of top restaurants. We would stay there again anytime. Loved everything about the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't miss the breakfast. Hazelnut croissant is the best!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Thanya H

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Grand Hotel – I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in our newly refurbished Premium Twin Room. Gusto is our new breakfast restaurant and I must agree the pastries are devine!

I hope you have a wonderful time in New Zealand and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Our stay here was unexpected due to weather conditions delaying our travel. Within the hour of booking we were checked in and were able to access the room early which was great after the stress of our travel delays. The service, cleanliness and services was exceptional. I would highly recommend trying the Japanese restaurant downstairs, it was the most delicious meal I've ever had!

Stayed July 2014
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Sam P

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Grand Hotel. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had a wonderful dining experience at Masu one of our award winning restaurants - the team will love to hear your comments!

The team hope to welcome you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we were treated with a friendly warm welcome. We were able to check in early which was just perfect. What a fabulous place to stay. Modern, clean and spacious hotel lobby with lots of tables to relax and have a drink or two. Our room was very modern and clean. It had a bath and shower giving you best of both. The bed was very comfortable. There were soft robes to use too. We had great views of the city and harbour. The hotel is within walking distance to a number of top restaurants and of course the casino. We would stay there again anytime. Loved everything about the hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lekrom

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Grand Hotel.

It sounds like you stayed in one of our new Premium Harbour View Rooms with amazing views over the harbour - I am so pleased you liked the new decor and had great stay with us.

The team look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The location is excellent, right in the heart of the city with fantastic views. The refurbished rooms are done to an excellent standard with beautiful decor and amenities. The growing Federal St dining precinct is also fantastic - an amazing range of top notch options right at the doorstep of the Grand. We had a fantastic stay and the staff were lovely. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear FrancesBraatvedt

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Grand Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our new rooms. The work on Federal Street is now complete and I must agree looks great with the numerous restaurants to choose from.

The team at The Grand Hotel look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here as part of a tour of New Zealand and this was definitely the highlight, hotel wise, a lovely luxury hotel, with all of the comforts you would expect. It is everything it claims to be and we had a very pleasurable stay.
In the centre of Auckland it gives easy access to pretty much anywhere in the area.

If You're staying in Auckland I would heartily recommend the SkyCity.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear thesprat

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your with us and hope that you had a wonderful holiday in New Zealand.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a long weekend with a girlfriend at Sky City. We really enjoyed the location there are excellent restaurants, cafés and bars within the hotel and on Federal street.
East day spa was just fantastic followed by great room service.
Room was ok, shower in awkward location. I've lowered the rating due to late house keeping - rooms weren't done until after 3pm each day.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear TnTinTara

Thank you for your recent review The Grand Hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your weekend away with the girls and agree that you are spoilt for choice when dining at SKYCITY. I am sorry that your room was not serviced until later in the day; our team do try and attend to every room as quickly as possible and I will share your feedback with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Alison.borland@skycity.co.nz

Been to SKYCITY Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!