“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Auckland

You added Pullman Auckland to your Saves list
Pullman Auckland
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Princes St and Waterloo Quadrant, Auckland 1010, New Zealand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 20%!
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Auckland
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The hotel is in the nice location, 5 minutes walking to the harbor and the center.Rooms are nice and well furnished.The only complaint is very very loud noise coming from the windows.It was windy when I was there and the wind was making terrible noise through the windows.I couldn't sleep at all.My colleagues said that they had the same issue.
Everything else is really good and the food is delicious!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear "Sanjulina",

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Pullman Auckland. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay.

My sincere apologies that the wind kept you up at night however. Unfortunately Auckland experienced gusts of wind of up to 125 kmph last week, due to a storm that lasted several days.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Quality and Attitude Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Korean first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Good service, comfortable rooms, good location. A good business hotel except that if you wanted to have your laptop and mobile on wifi you had to pay $10 per day. And I liked the breakfast a lot - really wide range of choices!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear "CitizenDave",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Pullman Auckland. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Below is a letter I sent to the hotel manager.

Dear .........

When I saw the first night's accommodation charge on your system I asked one of your staff who assured me it would be correct. At no time was I told I would have two bills to pay. I assumed, since there were so many online specials available for your hotel, that my rate was matched to them.

As for having a great stay. A comedy of errors and inadequacies. I've listed for you what I can remember.

1. Room requests were ignored as you are aware but even to the extent of providing a room with two singles rather than a king.
2. Equipment failures - air conditioning didn't work
- room safes didn't work
- tv quality very poor
- in room movies not available through half our stay
- unusable coffee machine
- a damaged lift without a lobby button which I only mention as I found myself trapped by it.
3. Catering - buffet breakfast food appeared days old
- vegetarian meals served covered with bacon !!!!
- a menu that read very well but the food supplied was to such a poor standard as to be inedible. Try the cannelloni, the rubber cheese pizza and the terrible desserts.
4. Service - a few hardworking, amenable staff members accompanied by a number who were very disappointing.
- Uncaring, disinterested and inept. Did not return calls or confirm bookings.
- Billing unclear and not correctly itemised.

Overall .... a very disappointing experience. I chose your hotel as you seemed to promise quality but unfortunately this was only a marketing illusion.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear "LuckyLui",

Thank you for writing to us regarding your recent stay at Pullman Auckland, and for taking the time to speak with me earlier in the week regarding your stay. I very much appreciated you sharing your feedback and as I mentioned, we are sincerely sorry that there were some aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations..

As mentioned in my email correspondence to you, I am sincerely sorry that we did not originally allocate you an apartment with two king beds. The request was acknowledged but I have since learnt, that the information did not download from one system into another, and for this I am sincerely sorry. It was an error from our side. I know our Front Office Manager, complimentary upgraded you to one of our corner suites once we realized the error, however I do appreciate that it was not ideal to move to another room during your stay.

After speaking with the Maintenance team, I understand from my colleagues that while the aircon did work, it was a case that you wanted the temperature adjusted which was done centrally from behind the scenes and from within the room. As our safes run off a battery operated system, at some stage, unfortunately they will lose their battery life however the batteries were replaced immediately.

As I mentioned, I am sincerely sorry that the In Room movies became unavailable during your stay. While this is a service provided by an outside company, I can appreciate that it is frustrating nevertheless to not be able to watch a movie of your choice. I have since removed the movie charges from your bill.

Please be rest assured that the breakfast items are cooked on the day and are replenished as and when needed, in line with keeping the quality of the food to its highest standard and keeping in mind holding temperatures and timings. While I know that you did not enjoy some of the room service items, it is difficult for me to comment on this when we are not told about your disappointment at the time. If you are not happy about something, we very much want to hear about it so we can rectify the situation immediately. We also receive nothing but praise about the quality of food served in the hotel so it was surprising that you did not enjoy several dishes.

I have also spoken to the Executive Chef regarding the pancakes served in the Omni Bar and they are not served with bacon so I am sincerely sorry that this is what you experienced. This is one area that is still very puzzling as this has never happened before.

I can appreciate that there were some aspects of your stay that were not perfect and mainly down to technical areas, which unfortunately at times, cannot be avoided, and for this I am sincerely sorry. I can understand that you may not wish to return to stay with us, however it is my hope that this will not be the case. We would love to welcome you back to Pullman Auckland in order to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Was absolutely lovely to look at.
When we arrived we were looked at like who are you what do you want. The service was average.
The team were nice and they did there jobs the management looked like if you've got money well give you better treatment.
The room was as Ok clean but the towells were old they had holes in them.
The king size room I had asked for was a twin just with beds put together not what I call 5star.
Not much available on TV unless you wanted to pay for extra.
Overall experience was average

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear 'robdavo",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. While I am pleased that you felt welcome by most of our team, I was disappointed to read that you felt you had an average stay.

The team work passionately every day to ensure our guests have a memorable stay and their every need is taken care of. We normally receive nothing but praise from our guests on how welcoming and professional our staff and management are, so it saddened me that you felt like this was not the case. Please accept my sincere apologies. I can assure you that this is never our intention and I would love to speak to you further regarding your thoughts, in order to get a better understanding of your experience. We are committed to service excellence and always want to ensure that when something is not quite right, we understand the reason why and we very quickly ensure that it does not happen again. I would be grateful if you could contact me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz so we may liaise direct.

In the interest of the readers of this forum, I must point out that our bath towels and linen are of a high quality and each and every room is inspected thoroughly. Furthermore, our guests can enjoy over 20 different TV channels plus the option of purchasing a selection of movies.

I very much hope to hear from you, and equally, it is our hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Quality and Attitude Manager

Been to Pullman Auckland? Share your experiences!