“Loved every Minute of the stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Auckland

You added Pullman Auckland to your Saves list
Pullman Auckland
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Princes St and Waterloo Quadrant, Auckland 1010, New Zealand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 20%!
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Auckland
Pukekohe, New Zealand
“Loved every Minute of the stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Was a very great place to stay and my partner and i enjoyed every minute, Expecially the spa and pool area and the immulcate rooms!!! Close walk to town etc was great also! We stayed here for a realxing night away from life and it was a very good night away. There was always a taxi waiting outside when we needed it and our car was parked for us etc... Will definitly come back again as the staff were very helpful also.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Shane O,

Thank you for your great review on our property – I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We get a lot of positive comments on Spa at the Pullman, our spa and pool area and it is great that you agree with the popular consensus.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

All the best for 2013!

Pullman Auckland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed here for one night and was relatively pleased with my room. I had a great view and the room was spacious. I did not like the bathroom, the shower / bath has a shower curtain rather than doors which flaps about when the shower is going. Also the bathroom was not perfectly clean which I would expect from a "5 star hotel" - the rubbish bin had a dirty mark on the wall above it where it looked like a previous guest had thrown a teabag basketball style. The bar area near reception was nice and the staff there very friendly. I wouldn't rush back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Danielsv650,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you also for your positive comments on our room, view and staff.

It is unfortunate that the room was not to your standards. I have addressed this internally with the team as a result. Please address any concerns you have with your room with our friendly staff during your staff, as we would have welcomed the opportunity to rectify the issue to ensure you had an enjoyable stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at the Pullman the night before my wedding and my wedding night. I found the room imaculate. The staff were really friendly and helpful at all times. I was made to feel very special. I would definately recommend this hotel to friends and family and will be coming back here on my first anniversary. The facilities were also great - swimming pool, spa and steam room and sauna.

Dear Claire W,

Congratulations on your summer wedding – what great weather for it! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in, what I am sure, is a busy post wedding time. We truly appreciate it and are so glad we could be part of your memorable day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your first anniversary. I know you enjoyed our Spa at the Pullman facilities during this stay, so as a treat for your anniversary I would suggest booking yourselves special couples massage in our duo treatment room. Perhaps with some champagne and chocolate on arrival – you will love it!

I wish you both the best of happiness in marriage.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Located in an excellent position to access the city on foot. Take the shuttle from the airport right to the hotel door. The rooms are excellent and the while the hotel offers good meals, other dining dining options nd bars are available within a comfortable walk.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Travellingphillies,

Thank you for your review especially with regards to your comments on our excellent location. Hope you managed to make it down to the Viaduct and Britomart areas to experience some of the great restaurants and bars in that vicinity as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Palmerston North
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Pullman is ok, but it's not 5 star. I worked in Hyatt, Intercontinental, and individual consulting management for many years, i'm sorry but this property hasn't changed much. I stayed for 2 nights two weeks ago. One thing i don't believe, is to come on here and rubbish a business for the sake of it. But, in saying that, I feel if you consider yourself a 5 star property, please supply a table in the room where I can eat my dinner with my partner, no table, very noisy air conditioner, bending down to pull a jug out of a very tired cupboard for a cup of coffee is unacceptable, bathroom is a shocker for 5 star property. The noise between floors is a disaster, I can't believe they haven't fixed it. The Foyer & Reception area are a delight, very tasteful decor. I enjoyed my meal in the Cafe, but i wonder why that beautiful 14th floor restaurant is shut on New Years Eve. I found most of the staff very good, especially reception, but restaurant staff have a very bad habit of setting tables and ignoring guests (happens everywhere) In my opinion Hotel ratings should be rated to 10 stars, there are just too many properties world wide rated 5 star, the difference is unbelievable. I rate the Pullman 6 stars out of 10. The Langham Auckland an 8.5 star property in my opinion.

Garry Young

Hotelier

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Garry,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is interesting that you mention the restaurant on the 14th floor as this was closed over 15 years ago by the previous owners. Since Pullman has taken over as of January 2011 we have made a number of positive changes including a new Lobby area, Restaurant, bar, Connectivity Centre and three new function rooms.

I would suggest that during your next stay that you upgrade to one of our suites as these would appear to better suit your needs with a separate lounge area including a table and chairs. We provide only a desk and chair in our entry level rooms. Another option would be to change over to one of our One or Two bedroom residence suites which in addition to a separate lounge area provide a private balcony, kitchen facilities and a walk in shower and large bathroom area.

New Plymouth, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We have just stayed 3 nights in a one bedroom suite on the 14th floor. This was our first stay here and as we stay in 5 star hotels around the world for about 45 nights per year I did not have high expectations of the Pullman. I loved the cutting edge lobby, the amazing friendliness of the front desk staff and the restaurant staff. You rarely if ever,get this type of service in 5 star hotels around the world. Yes the room was showing signs of age but it was exceptionally clean and functional. One of the more comfortable beds i have slept in a hotel.
My only suggestion would be the bed-linen and bath towels need replacing. I would be embarrassed to offer such obviously worn linen to my own guests in my home let alone a 5 star hotel. Overall a magnificent experience and we will be back. The Langham which has for years been our preferred hotel in Auckland has now been surpassed by the Pullman!

Dear nakiboys,

Thank you for your glowing review of our property. We are very appreciative of being your new 5 star hotel of choice in Auckland. We have a strong focus and dedication to delivering exceptional service and I am glad that during your stay your experienced this.

I have addressed your concern regarding the bed linen with the team. We take quality control very seriously, so please accept my apologies that this was not up to your standards on this visit.

Glad you like the new lobby refurbishments we have undertaken.
We look forward to you becoming a frequent visitor to our hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Recently travelled around NZ and stayed in c. 20 hotels / motels, which I think provided me with a good idea and cross section of accommodation available in the country. In Auckland we stayed in 3 different hotels including the Pullman, and when we returned, out of the three I chose to go back to Pullman. This was an easy choice and overall, Pullman makes it easy to explore Auckland.

The Pullman is a large, well-run hotel, but service quality is not sacrificed. All staff from the front desk to housekeeping were very friendly. We arrived a bit before check-in time, but were swiftly checked in and given our room. Luggage also arrived quickly. Common areas of the hotel are well maintained. The lobby, lobby bar and restaurant are very chic - reminded me of hotels in New York.

The room was spacious and functional, with a bit of a seaview to boot. The bed was large and comfortable with high quality linen and good choice of different types of pillows. Good darkening blinds as well guaranteed an excellent night's sleep, which for me is a key point in any hotel. To respond to some of the previous reviews about rooms being dated, I didn't really think this was the case. It's a question of style and whilst there is a grey carpet in the room, it's light and clean. Furniture is wooden and not modern slick black, but nothing in our room was scuffed or dusty. Bathroom again not necessarily the most modern, but furnished with high quality materials, nice towels and robes and impeccably clean.

The hotel seems to be quite environmentally conscious as well - plus points for the recycling bin in the room and use of local products.

Moving onto the other facilities in the hotel - very nice indoor pool, sauna and steam room. Small outdoor terrace area next to the pool. Well-equipped gym as well. Spa area is simple and stylish, very relaxing. Wasn't the best massage of my life but decent value for a capital city hotel spa.

We got a very good deal online in my view for both our stays, with breakfast included. Breakfast was a vast spread of cooked items, fresh fruit, youghurts, mueslis and bread. Also a great selection of juices. Highly recommend.

Overall, would not hesitate to stay again at the Pullman. I think some of the reviews about 'funny toilet sound' etc are a bit unfair.

Room Tip: HIgher floors might have a better view