“A great weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Auckland

You added Heritage Auckland to your Saves list
Heritage Auckland
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Hobson Street | PO Box 105-326, Auckland 1001, New Zealand   |
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Auckland
New Zealand
“A great weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We recently stayed for 2 days so central to all the activities we wished to see over the 2 days. Comfortable very well presented rooms, great staff. Plenty of restaurants etc around the area and just one block up from main Queen St Shopping. With such reasonable airfares from Queenstown, took the city central bus return to airport - a easy weekend in Auckland for us Southern country NZers. Took a day trip to Waiheke Island just to enjoy the quieter side of Auckland a great weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Thai first
Napier, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed one night here, in the tower wing.Had a view of the viaduct basin. Was very clean, helpful staff. Had all the kitchen amenities we needed. Our room wasnt ready at 11.30 even though we had requested 11am check in but they had our suitcases in our room when we returned later. Bed was comfy and they had bath infusion smellies and hot chocolate for us non coffee/tea drinkers. I dont know what the room cost as it was a b/day surprise for me (and knowing my man...he wouldnt have gone over the top $$ wise, but I was very happy to stay there. Tv remote worked fine and it was quiet...did i mention the comfy bed??

Room Tip: thought buffet breakfast was a little overpriced (and lukewarm)and told if we wanted espresso coffee...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this hotel as I wanted something with a bit of character all the apartments available in Auckland for the family looked a bit stark. I was not disappointed for the money the hotel rooms were ideal, clean and roomy with a nice old fashioned touch. The location was perfect just a short walk to the viaduct area and the main shopping street. we stayed just one night as a family of four having spent two weeks travelling the North Island prior to catching the plane. We were very exhausted on arrival and the receptionist said she would try and get us a room earlier than the 2pm check in. Less than 10 minutes later as we had settled in to rest in the lounge they said the room was free. Perfect service. They had no issue taking our 6 suitcases for us and parking the car. we stayed in the Heritage old section not the new tower so cannot comment.

We opted to book direct with the hotel on line I chose a package incorporating car parking well worth it as the cost of parking in Auckland was high.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I usually adore the Heritage chain, but I must admit to feeling a little disappointed this time. We stayed here to see Mary Poppins.
Stayed in the older part of the building, which faced the internal courtyard, which was fine as we got a great deal on 'wotif'.

PROs
Room itself was nice, modern styled and as being in an old building, was very spacious (as was the bathroom), high ceilings and beautifully polished wooden floors.
1 hour free Wifi per day.

CONS
It's the bathroom that disappointed really.
Shower/bath taps leaked so much and the seal of the shower screen so bad, that the bathroom floor was flooded.
The knob to switch from shower to bath was pointless, as I ran a bath....the shower wouldnt turn off.
There was a lovely 'bath bag' in the room which I used, but the chlorine in the water was so strong, I had a not so nice chlorine fragrance!
Bathroom drains were stinky most of the time.

Went out all day on the first day, returned at 4pm and the room STILL hadn't been serviced, so had to call and ask.

It's a great place to stay....but only if you get a good deal. We got 2 nights, room only (plenty of eateries around) $230. I would have been disappointed if I had paid full rate.
I do feel the impression I got, let down the Heritage brand in my eyes. I've had better accommodation in AUK CBD for as good a price but with breakfast before.

• Stayed November 2012
James B, Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Spediegee,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback following your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to learn that overall the bathroom was not up to the required standard. I would also like to appologise for the delay in servicing your room.

I would appreciate if you could contact me directly so I can ensure the issues you raised in relation to the bathroom are resolved. My email address is jamesb@heritagehotels.co.nz. Thank you for your time and consideration, I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

James Billing
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We recently spent a week at the Heritage Auckland Hotel while attending the USAT World triathlon championship. The rooms, view and accommodations were great. We had a full kitchen and were able to fix meals if we wanted to. The staff were extremely professional and helpful. I found everyone in New Zealand very courteous and friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room with the kitchen. Saves you money and time.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The staff at the Heritage Auckland went far above and beyond the call of duty to help out during my recent stay. I ended up fracturing my foot on a national holiday in NZ and my flight back to the US was the next day. The staff called several radiology clinics until they found one that was still open (for 1 more hour) and I grabbed a cab to get there. I have traveled a huge amount and I've never stayed at a hotel where the staff went this far out of their way to help. in addition, the rooms were huge, comfortable and quiet. I never did end up eating at the hotel restaurant, but I did see the breakfast buffet ...it looked good. The room had a kitchen so I fixed my own meals for the most part.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Pasadena, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Staying at the Heritage was extremely comfortable and classy. Our room had all of the necessary amenities and we took full advantage of the on-site pool/spa and fitness center. The staff was extremely courteous as well as helpful. The location was unbeatable and we found that everything we needed was within walking distance. Oh and I mustn't forget the decor. All of the hardwood and trimming was beautiful! If you have the funds, go ahead and treat yoself to a wonderful time at the Heritage. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Heritage Auckland? Share your experiences!