This hotel is in central Auckland close to CBD and Viaduct and ferries for going to North Shore etc. Friendly staff and clean room( but took till 4.30p.m. to have room serviced) and facilities. Roof top pool with great view (being repaired when we were there), also inside pool and gym.
Parking was $37.50 per day and concierge parked and retrieved car.
Room air conditioning was really inadequate and as a result couldn't sleep due to heat. Strangely the room seemed to cool down in the mid morning which made one suspect that the master control was put on very low over night. No amount of changing the in room control had any effect.
The Deluxe room we were in had a microoven, full oven with elements and very lfew untensil for food preperation. We could not even cut a loaf of bread as the only knife was an eating knife. Can't underdstand why hotels supply the hardware to cook with and fall short on the untensils.
Shower rose at my chest height and hot water pressure very low.
All in all and ok experience but I don't think I would return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Art deco; historic landmark refurbished in 1998. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Heritage Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Heritage Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Heritage Hotel
- Heritage Auckland New Zealand