Great location, clean rooms and in general good service, however, several things pulled it down to just an average experience.
Dinner in the restaurant was very good, however, the breakfast buffet was very expensive (35 NZ$) and very basic.
You also have to pay quite a lot for the internet (only free for one hour at the lobby). Not onlo do you have to pay, shortly after you start using it, it slows down unless you pay additional 5 NZ$. If that was enough, you have max 1.000 mb per day. I only surfed the internet but still reached the max within 24 hours. Not only that, once you reach it you get a rude message saying that 'they don't consider it fair hat you have used 1.000 mb' and that you now have to pay again! What kind of language is that? Internet should be free in all hotels these days. The hotels are making a fortune on this service.
Next issue was when I kindly asked for 2 hours extension when checking out. No - unless I paid 25 NZ$ per hour. I reminded the person at the receipt that the company I work for is one of their big customer. 'So?' was the answer. I asked if he cared that my company booked elsewhere in the future. 'That's their decision' was the answer. I understand they have rules but show some flexibility for your big customers unless you want to lose their business.
Last note. Their treadmill is off by some 20 - 25 percent. I have a very accurate Garmin foot pod for indoor use and know my running speed very well. When the foot pod said 8 km - the treadmill showed 10 km!
- Also Known As:
- Citylife Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Citylife Auckland Hotel
- Citylife Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Citylife Hotel
- CityLife Auckland New Zealand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern spacious high-rise - In the heart of Auckland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo and Otel so you can book your CityLife Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.