“Great Weekend away !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Auckland

You added Hilton Auckland to your Saves list
Hilton Auckland
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   147 Quay Street | Princes Wharf, Auckland 1010, New Zealand   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #10 of 77 Hotels in Auckland
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great Weekend away !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is a hotel centrally located on the Viaduct! It is in the middle of many great restaurants AUckland has to offer!
The hotel is geared up more for couples or business travellers, not ideal for kids as there is no pool or facilities for them to enjoy.

Room Tip: Carparking is expensive! Try not to go when a ship is docked!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear rickshaw11,

Thank you for taking time to post your review following your stay in July 2011, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and great to hear you enjoyed our location.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and we look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Chris Partridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and I wanted to spend one night "in the city" on our NZ vacation. We chose an amazing place! It was right on the harbor with spectacular views. I was snapping photo's all evening and all morning! It was in a great location. Just walking distance to shopping and eating. The staff was friendly and there to help us around every corner. The bed was so so so comfortable! Our room and bathroom was open and spacious. The breakfast was a bit pricey, but it is so convenient to eat right there. We would love to come back to this Hilton on another trip to Sydney.

Room Tip: I don't know if there was a bad room..... we were on the south side and it was just lovely!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear JudySCook,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will see you back on future travels.

North Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The Hilton is so nearly there it's annoying that they somehow miss the mark.
We have stayed here many times and at least once a year. Our latest visit was for two days in March to celebrate my wife's Birthday and catch up with friends.
We stayed in a harbour view room with the option of a upgrade to a slightly larger room for a fixed price of around $75 which we took however this did not happen and to be honest they were totally uninterested when I asked if we had been lucky. The Hotel 'appeared' quiet and I am sure these rooms were available but who knows?
The location is the best in Auckland right on the water which we love, the rooms are comfortable but a little 'sterile' .
The Restaurant now called Fish was quite superb, we had dinner there both nights and the service was top notch complementing the food & wine. We had lunch with friends on the Sunday and everyone had a wonderful time so 'thanks everyone'.

So what's missing - well, as many people have said I think its to do with the decor, it just does not say 'welcome' it's clean, tidy but 'cold', perhaps it lacks colour or some real wood - I don't know but our next night was at The Langholm which, from the minute you walk in says 'welcome back' you feel at ease the whole time and the level of service is nothing more than outstanding.

Room Tip: Got to go for the harbour view rooms but check if a cruise ship is due as the will block many rooms...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 3shepherds,

Thank you for taking time to post your review of the hotel, I appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry that we were unable to provide you with the requested upgrade and that the team were not more forthcoming with an explanation.

I was pleased to see you enjoyed our restaurant - FISH - and am happy to note you had a consistently good experience.

Thank you for your continued patronage of the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Auckland NZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We have travelled extensively and stayed in numerous hiltons, sheratons etc around the world.
My wife had always said we should stay one night in the Auckland Hilton for the experience. Auckland is our home town.
So on my wife's birthday we stayed there. It was a disappointing experience.
The room was small. The view looked directly into other apartment buildings and they looked into your room.
The bar was not open as it was booked for a private function and the quality of the food in the resteraunt was poor.
We always like to have a pre dinner drink in the comfort of ther bar and also after dinner. We could not do so as it was closed for a private function. When you book and oay for your accommodation you expect to have all the hotel facilities available for you to use. If they are not they should warn you, Its akin to charging you full airplane fare but then 'oh sorry but meals and drinks are not available on this flight".
Finally the 200 meter walk fromthe main road at night to the hotel door is not vey well light and is scarey!!!

Not for us again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Zara08,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel following your stay, I appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel, it was regrettable that the bar was closed during your stay for a private event and I have taken your feedback on board.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

just spent the last night here on our way back home, very good hotel, spacious rooms, good service, only thing I would say that its a bit overpriced for what it is, but you are paying for the location! Friendly staff, had to change our room when we checked in as we were given a adjoining room which doesn't help when you can hear your neighbour, perhaps management should look at this as it seems to be an issue wherever we travel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Astrid909,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have noted your feedback regarding the adjoining room.

Geraldton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Hotel in January 2012.

Hilton Hotel proved to be one of the best hotels I've stayed at in my lifetime. The panoramic views of the Auckland harbour, was the best. Even better at night. The service was great, with smiling staff attentive enough to make sure our stay was very comfortable.

The Hilton's Concierge service actually was very thoughtful, and they were there to help when I got sick during the duration of my stay. They managed to get me some medication and delivered it to our hotel room without fail.

Breakfast on your balcony is best, don't mind the price and you're sweet.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear CharlonC,

Thank you for your review of the hotel I appreciate your feedback.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and very glad that the Concierge team were able to provide assistance.

Thanks for staying with us and I hope we see you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

3 of the best nights you could ask for. Quiet rooms with great view . Great staff and wonderful food. 10/10

• Stayed May 2012
Dear WJnCJ,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel I appreciate your feedback.

I was very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the 10 out of 10 score which I greatly value.

Thank you choosing to stay with us and hopefully we will see you back on future travels.

Chris Partridge

Been to Hilton Auckland? Share your experiences!