“very enjoyable stay in stylish modern hotel...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Auckland

You added Hilton Auckland to your Saves list
Hilton Auckland
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   147 Quay Street | Princes Wharf, Auckland 1010, New Zealand   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #10 of 77 Hotels in Auckland
London, UK
“very enjoyable stay in stylish modern hotel...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

The room was a good size, with modern and attractive decor, and a balcony. Good bathroom. Great views over the harbour. Comfortable bed, good TV, good radio, good amenities and nice little touches. Apart from a drink in the reasonably lively bar, i did not use the hotel facilities or eat there.

The hotel was good value and more than met my expectations and I had a very good night's stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Voyager212,

Thank you for taking time to post your review onto Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback as it provides an insight into where we do well and where we could improve.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we might see you back on future travels.

Thank for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland.

Chris Partridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Our hotel room was nice but there was nothing special about it, it was clean and had a big bathroom, the view was great but i wouldn’t spend almost $400 to stay there again. Parking, Breakfast etc was extra, nothing was included. The staff were friendly and helpful and if it wasn’t for the price i would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear Amy_9876,

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review on Tripadvisor following your stay at the hotel. Your feedback is valuable for me to understand where we do well and where we can improve.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and appreciate your comments regarding the views and our friendly team members. I have noted your reservations regarding the price paid at the hotel and a lack of inclusions. There are a number of options when booking a room at the hotel which range from a room only rate to bed and breakfast or other packages so I do apologise if this was not evident when you made your reservation.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the hotel and I hope we may see you back on future travels.

New Plymouth, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

The ambience was great and the feeling of quality was everywhere, but somehow it was the attention to detail that was lacking. Our room was very spacious and comfortable, but then you start to notice some of the faults; wardrobe doors that didn't slide smoothly, TV picture not central to the screen, a carton of longlife milk for your tea and coffee, poor housekeeping service over the pillow order (yes, this is a hotel with a pillow menu!). We were not going to pay the astrnomical prices for having a bar drink, dinner, breakfast or room service, especially with the city centre or your doorstep.
As my headline says, this is a good hotel, but they they need to pick up their game.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Superpear,

Thank you for taking time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is really appreciated as it lets me know where we do well and what we can spend some time on improving.

I was very pleased to see that in general you found the hotel of good standard. I have taken your points regarding attention to detail in the constructive manner intended. I have subsequently spent some time discussing this with those in the team with responsibility for the areas involved. I am sorry you experienced some challenges with the pillow menu and if you would like to provide a little more detail so I can gain a greater understanding of where we could have done better, please feel free to drop me a line at auckland@hilton.com.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and hopefully we may have an opportunity to welcome you back on future travels.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

This hotel must have some of the best views in Auckland from whichever room you stay in, and this is also it's best redeeming feature. The service is pretty good, but not exceptional by any means. Just fine for a business trip with no fuss and no problems. The restaurant serves a decent meal. My room however was pretty small. I normally judge the standard of a hotel by the bathroom size, which I find is pretty accurate, but at this hotel it was well below the norm of the rest. As a business traveller it worked out fine but if I was staying here with my family it would be another matter.

Room Tip: high floor at the north end of the building looking east has best views
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Dear George B,

I would like to thank you for your review of the hotel posted on Tripadvisor. I value all feedback that we receive as it helps me to understand where we do well and where there may be room to improve.

It was great to see that you enjoyed the views from the hotel and dining in the restaurant. The hotel's location on Princes Wharf does provide a unique opportunity to experience the beauty of the Waitemate Harbour and the Hauraki Gulf while at the same time being in close proximity to Central Auckland.

The hotel has quite an individual design reminiscent of a cruise liner, as such we have a number of different accommodation room sizes that can meet the needs of a traveller whether on business or for leisure with the family.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and I look forward to welcoming you back on future travels.

Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

This hotel has a Scandinavian design with very minimal and contemporary design. The location right on the water makes easy access to many attractions including sailing on some of the country's former Americas Cup yachts to day trips to the smaller islands such as Waheike island (wineries). There are some great restaurants and bars right outside the front door to hotel. Make sure to make a jump from the sky tower or at least go up too view the entire city. There are more centrally located hotels downtown but I would always return to this hilton.
This hotel caters to the worldwide business travelers and the bar and restaurants are usually filled with people from around the world.

If you are looking for adventure you must travel to the South Island. Queenstown has by far the most to do. Sky diving, jet boat rides, Franz Joseph Glacier, skiing, para sailing, river rafting, bungy jumping just to name a few.

Room Tip: higher floors facing the water.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear CarteBlancWine,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it helps me to understand where we do well and where we might spend time improving.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel, it's contemporary design and convenient location. It was great to see that you were able to enjoy some of Auckland's attractions during your stay including a jump from the Sky Tower.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and I hope we have the oportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to Auckland.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I found myself here at the Hilton after the Westin ended up closing it's doors. In the end, the stay was quite good with no real issues at all.

*We were able to check in early (around 10am) the day after a major conference had left the hotel which was a nice surprise. We were ready to just store our bags and wait for a room. To add to the surprise, a nice upgrade to an ocean view was given to us.
*Room was a normal size with sufficient closest and drawer space.
*Internet was wireless and with a strong signal.
*The on-site restaurant is still fairly new (they just rebranded it). While the food was OK, it was slightly overpriced (in my opinion) for what you got....but then this is a hotel restaurant.
*You are only a short walk down the pier to several other restaurants so there is a nice variety.
*The only negative I give this hotel is their workout facility. There were limited free weights (max was about 20 pounds) and limited machines to round out the workout. However, they had plenty of bikes and treadmills. I found it a challenge to get a good workout in since the weights and machines were just not adequate. I will round this out by saying that this gym is adequate for a light workout and it has the "standard" equipment...don't expect to be able to do anything heavy.

All in all, a good hotel in a good location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Jeff_in_Dallas,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback at helps me to understand where we do well and where we can improve.

I was pleased to see that, in general, your stay appears to have met your expectations. I have noted your comments regarding the gym which is an area we are currently reviewing for a future upgrade.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and I hope we will see you back on a future trip to Auckland.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

The Hilton in Auckland sits right down on the harbour and looks like an old fashion ocean liner about to heas out to sea. The rooms are nice but it is a long walk from the reception area back down to the road running across the harbourfront (and a very wet walk to business meetings!)

The breakfast staff might have been the nicest and most genuine I have ever come across. I cannot say too much about their attiptude and desire to give the customer a great experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear Aussie_Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is much appreciated as it helps me to understand where we have done well and if there are opportunities to improve.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the breakfast team left you with such a positive impression.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and I do hope we will see you back at the hotel on a future visit to Auckland.

Chris Partridge

Been to Hilton Auckland? Share your experiences!